XL Comply tips - or something similar?
Mar 23, 2012 at 1:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Cieran

Head-Fier
Recently bought a S/M/L pack of T400 Comply tips to test them out and find which size fits me best. However as much as they improved isolation I still found that even the largest size didn't make a complete seal in my canal (I blame my larger than average ears - they didn't call me spock in school for nothing!). They just don't seem to have a large enough width.

So I am on the search for some good isolating tips that are bigger than the large Comply's. I've seen various alternatives mentioned here such as triple flange, silicone, Sony hybrids, Shures and I have also seen the spherical Complys that look bigger:

http://www.complyfoam.com/products/Ts-400/

Has anyone got any suggestions? All help appreciated - thanks.

Mar 23, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #2 of 2
Ts-400 / Ts-500 will fit large ear canals better, they're my usual pick for IEMs with large nozzles.
They provide me with some proper seal, whereas I would need XL silicon tips to get the same fit.

Beware though, for IEMs with narrow nozzles, don't go for Ts-100 / Ts-200, they're supposed to be the same size but they're actually smaller in diameter than Ts-400 / Ts-500.
For IEMs with narrow nozzles, you may want to look at large Comply P or Koss triple flange tips (if you can bear the ear raping feeling of triple flange tips)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back