Xinfeed adaptor solo?
Aug 3, 2003 at 10:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

mmortal03

100+ Head-Fier
Is it possible to use the Xinfeed crossfeed adaptor by itself (without an external amp) or with another amp (Like the Headsave Transit or Ultra)? The reason I ask is that I want to have the ability to add crossfeed to my listening without buying an amp, and then later, when I buy an amp, I do not want to be limited to buying only from crossfeed amp builders. Thanks

Aug 3, 2003 at 11:26 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Kelvie1234
I don't think it would be a problem, there were other commercial crossfeed units out there before the XinFeed...

But I would imagine it would attenuate the signal a little?

From what I understand, with the new XinFeed, there is no volume loss, but this may only be when in tandem with an amp, I do not know, but frankly, that makes no sense (in regards to my pondering, not yours.) To me, it sounds like a good deal. What are some other separate crossfeed circuits besides this one? Thanks

Aug 9, 2003 at 3:32 AM Post #4 of 12
Just got it and tested it unamped. It takes about two thirds of the volume away when plugged directly into my portable. So, I guess this thing needs an amp...that is my NEXT buy.

Aug 9, 2003 at 6:08 PM Post #5 of 12
I acknowledged from Xin that he's gonna launch another version that can be used unamped (CDP -- > Xinfeed --> phones) Don't know when though.

Aug 10, 2003 at 10:05 AM Post #6 of 12
good! I don't mind owning this one though, it will get plenty of use once I get an amp. I will just have to wait and see about that unamped version you refer to. It would be very helpful if his website noted that it wll not work very loudly without an amp.

Aug 26, 2003 at 7:13 AM Post #7 of 12
mmotal, Does the xfeed have an on/off switch? Or is it on all the time? If it does have a switch, does the volume loss go away once you've turned it off?

Aug 26, 2003 at 5:48 PM Post #8 of 12
It has no pass-through or on/off switch. It is a straight in/out minijack adaptor. You hook the headphones to the adaptor, and then you hook the adaptor to the player or amp. It is fairly small, about the size of a quarter in width and height. You should be able to find a picture on the Xinfeed site. Basically, you remove the adaptor if you don't want to use it. Xin's ER4P -> ER4S adaptor, which I also purchased, is exactly the same size and shape as the Crossfeed adaptor, fyi. Hope this helps.

Aug 26, 2003 at 7:12 PM Post #10 of 12
I was told by Xin to plug the adaptor between the amp and the CDP or Ipod and not between the amp and headphones...

Is this right?

Guido www.delgi.com

Aug 26, 2003 at 8:24 PM Post #11 of 12
Xin knows what he's talking about...he designed the thing
wink.gif

Aug 26, 2003 at 8:24 PM Post #12 of 12
From what I have read, either is ok. There is not a significant difference between the two placements of a crossfeed circuit. I would assume that placing it between the amp and the player would be theoretically better (because the signal has not been touched as much)...but not significantly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back