Xin SuperMini IV is amoungst us
Jul 28, 2006 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Slappy

New Head-Fier
The much fabled Xin SuperMini IV with all the latest tweaks is finally in circulation. Here are some pics with size comparison. Arrived yesterday and am still breaking it in, enjoy.
biggrin.gif

attachment.php

attachment.php

Jul 28, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #2 of 7
thanks slappy...posted in the other thread as well, but tell us what opamps you're using...and any other settings for your specific cans...

Jul 30, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #4 of 7
Just a few quick thoughts. I would consider myself an audiophile in training, so please excuse some unconvention analogies. Also this is my first amp so I cant realy compare it to others. It was like a veil was lifted from all my headphones, a new level of clarity and crispness across the board. Both the k81dj and the sr80 sound better, but the hd555 really came to life. Maybe the laid back nature of the Senn and the aggresive nature of the ad8397 are a perfect match. I have not even begun to mess with the internal switches, but will soon. The main thing I notice across the board is the ability to pick out details at lower volume levels. The bass also seems punchier and tight.

Jul 30, 2006 at 10:16 AM Post #5 of 7
This thing seems to be pretty popular among some of the head fier here..
(I am new here)
It amazing how much can be done through this little thing.. and all the positive reviews..
Now you got me wanting to own one.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 30, 2006 at 11:16 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by chanwhk
This thing seems to be pretty popular among some of the head fier here..
(I am new here)
It amazing how much can be done through this little thing.. and all the positive reviews..
Now you got me wanting to own one.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Yes and thats just the top of the slippery slope. Come back in a year and tell us how good your redwine modded Ipod sounds through your supermini / hornet / larocco etc into your ER4's / E500's / K701's.

Then tell us whether your wallet forgives you for the $2,000 you just spent getting there.

eek.gif

Welcome by the way. Enjoy, it's a great and very useful site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back