XIN Supermini + HD600
Sep 11, 2003 at 7:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

NYSportz

New Head-Fier
Any chance this combination will work? I've been searching through here and elsewhere, but I haven't been able to determine if the latest versions of the Supermini (6.2C/D) with battery booster will be sufficient to feed my HD600s.

I'm looking for a portable solution to use with my iPod, which is why is why the Supermini is my top choice. Also, if you think this amp/headphones combination will work, how would I use the line-out feature of the iPod in combination with the amp?

Sorry if these are dumb questions or if they've been answered a million times. I'd appreciate any advice and/or links to something that would answer my questions.

Sep 11, 2003 at 6:47 PM Post #4 of 5
Get the analog pot, the gain set to 20, and the battery booster pack (or just use a 9v battery instead of AAA), and it will drive the 600's as well as most head amps out there.

Sep 11, 2003 at 9:39 PM Post #5 of 5
Actually, after a bit more comparisons, I would recommend just using a 9v battery period, instead of using any of the AAA batteries. The 9v gives stronger, tighter bass and better control overall. JMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back