Xin supermini + Grado SR80??
Dec 13, 2004 at 9:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nakedtoes

500+ Head-Fier
Does the XIn supermini amp suit Grado SR80?? anyone has this combination or has pair the amp with grados?? pls gives advices...
icon10.gif

Dec 21, 2004 at 2:03 PM Post #2 of 4
Nobody tried before?? does the super mini 5.18 have more buffer that can make the SR80 more punchy?

Dec 21, 2004 at 4:42 PM Post #3 of 4
Well, I have a SR-325 powered by a SuperMacro. I would say that the difference was a little subtle, but it seemed to reduce the fatigue I was getting by quite a bit. Mine happens to have a bass boost switch, not sure about the SuperMini. More buffers are supposed to help out low-impendance headphones, but I do not know how much of a difference the extra ones make.

You might want to try out flat pads before getting an amp. Using the flat pads with my old SR-80's made a huge difference in sound. While it narrows the sound stage even more and muddies the bass a little, it does reduce the highs and give it more bass. Also, it is a reasonably easy to drive headphone, so I'm not sure how much an amp would be of benefit.

[edit]On second thought, it is better with the amp. Especially the drums. I'll have to try it out without the amp more to see the difference.[/edit]

Jan 11, 2005 at 8:23 AM Post #4 of 4
anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back