Xin Style Ety Re Cable?
Jan 16, 2007 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Chef Medeski

1000+ Head-Fier
So recently I stumbled upon an interesting find:
ety.htm

I love my Etys. I know many others do. I just have four problems with them. Uncomfortable, microphonics, not quite enough bass, and they aren't flush with the ear.

I know these are the most popular problems. Yet I strongly believe they are fixable. For comfort and bass, I know custom molds will take care of these two making this the perfect IEM for me. Yet the cable is still irking. Its quite microphonic and the fact that it doesn't sit flush with the ear like Westones makes it impossible to sleep with. I'm going into a dorm in the Fall and definetly want IEMs I can sleep in incase I have a loud roomate. So, I want something that sits flush and is comfortable.

So the Etys with customs are great, but customs is a hard step to take. $150 for something that you can never resale. Its a hard investment to make especially on IEMs that still have certain problems for you. I found that Dr. Xin had found a great way to recable the Etys allowing for no microphonics and a flush holding. Perfect! Yet he doesnt sell it anymore. Has anyone done this or atleast used this cable? Does it make a significant enough difference that I should continue to hunt for someone to make me one?

Also if its that easy to fix the microphonics WHY DOESNT ETYMOTIC DO SOMETHING!?! Sorry, they have such great customer service and obviously engineers to develop such a great product.... I just think there are possibly dim in a couple areas.

Jan 17, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #2 of 5
Man that sucks to hear. My im716 have absolutely no microphonics at all.

Jan 17, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by benton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man that sucks to hear. My im716 have absolutely no microphonics at all.

Eh? Please tell us your secret. Even wearing mine Shure style I still get some microphonics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back