Xin amp techs, Macro IV power up issue.
Oct 23, 2010 at 4:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Happy Camper

Headphoneus Supremus
On a full charge, the amp will not turn on. I have to have the charger in before it will fire up. Once on, it runs for hours. Any ideas?

Oct 23, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #4 of 11
If it powers with the adapter but not when the batteries are used alone it may be just the contacts. The contacts next to the board need to be examined. Also, sometimes the contacts on the end plate need to be carefully flexed a little to the are making good contact with the batteries. 

I just read where you said that after you plug in the adapter it then runs from the batteries. Interesting. You could be moving the board a little and making contact with the batteries if there is just a bit of a gap from a contact to the battery as the board will move when you insert the charger. I have had that problem before and still do with one of my Xin amps. 

Oct 23, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #5 of 11
Ron sent me a message stating he had a similar problem and it was a latching relay on the pcb. Had to be sent back to be repaired. That isn't an option as no one knows if or when Dr. Feng will ever be back in the business. I will go through and clean/inspect the battery circuit.

Oct 23, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
Ron sent me a message stating he had a similar problem and it was a latching relay on the pcb. Had to be sent back to be repaired. That isn't an option as no one knows if or when Dr. Feng will ever be back in the business. I will go through and clean/inspect the battery circuit.

Makes sense. I still see posts on Xin's site where people are wondering when he will be back. He is on a few boards but doesn't answer emails. 

Nov 6, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #7 of 11
is he building/shipping amps? what is the status of the Ref amp these days? i'd ordered and paid for one. after > 1 year (and very little communication on his part) i inquired and let him know i really wanted the amp, but if it wasn't ready then i'd like a refund. he refunded my money (less paypal fees) though he actually was shipping product at that point. it didn't leave for much satisfaction from a customer who'd been more than polite, patient and flexible.

Nov 6, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #8 of 11
No, rumor has it he's back to his day job. Claims of intrigue and espionage, war documents and diamonds.  j/k

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #9 of 11

[size=medium]
I wonder how far behind his amps will be if he decides to get back to creating amps, there is more competition, and the build and sound quality is better now.  
[/size]

Nov 12, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #10 of 11
let's see if he actually resurfaces first. jamato, might you be able to contact him at some point? when will you be back in the conus?

Nov 12, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
let's see if he actually resurfaces first. jamato, might you be able to contact him at some point? when will you be back in the conus?

I don't know when I will be in the area where he lives and I don't know when I will be back in the states. I will return of course but it will be some time yet. 

He doesn't answer my emails so anybodies guess is as good as mine. I had a different question for him of true importance and I got no response. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back