Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread
Mar 25, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #946 of 992
I once bought from penonaudio.com (a pair of Xiaomi Piston 2.0, 2 years ago a) and they seemed legit. Why do you say that?

Why do i say what?
I said i recently bought from penon and that what i bought was another brand of earphones and never bought a xiaomi earphone from them; i bought a Swing earphone.

Mar 25, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #948 of 992
  Sorry, I understood you were saying you bought a Xiaomi pair and that you got a fake one, my mistake.

Cheers

No problem... by re-reading my message I see that it could be unclear. 
beerchug.gif

Mar 30, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #950 of 992
My Pistons from Gearbest arrived today. Upon inspection they appear to be real but the QR code gives me the 502 bad gateway error. My initial impressions without any break-in are they're not bad, just not the sound signature I enjoy. They are pronounced in the low end. The highs are also pronounced but a bit cold sounding. The mids are laid back which creates a hole in the sound considering the highs and lows. Compared to my favorite over the ear Samson SR850, they are lacking in balance and detail. I have the Pro HD and KZ KST on the way so hopefully they are closer to the Samson as I'm really looking for a portable version of those. 

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #951 of 992
  My Pistons from Gearbest arrived today. Upon inspection they appear to be real but the QR code gives me the 502 bad gateway error. My initial impressions without any break-in are they're not bad, just not the sound signature I enjoy. They are pronounced in the low end. The highs are also pronounced but a bit cold sounding. The mids are laid back which creates a hole in the sound considering the highs and lows. Compared to my favorite over the ear Samson SR850, they are lacking in balance and detail. I have the Pro HD and KZ KST on the way so hopefully they are closer to the Samson as I'm really looking for a portable version of those. 

Concerning the 502, appearntly on the other thread (http://www.head-fi.org/t/825485/xiaomi-in-ear-headphones-pro-hd-2-1-hybrid/555)  they were discussing that if the QR code is scanned from China it works. It has somethign to do with the Chinese internet sensorship and the QR code would work if you connect to a VPN. 

I bought my from Mi.com and they 502 as well

Mar 30, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #952 of 992

Post some pictures if you get time. On another subject, folks seem to wake-up to liking the signature more after about three days of use.

The signature in the treble is slightly cool and metallic, but after burn in the bass will tame and become more integrated.

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #953 of 992

If you could include some pictures I'd be very grateful.

I'll probably order a pair and I can let you guys know if they are OEM. I've used the original Pistons 3 for a LONG time.

I'm a bit weary of their OEM tag because like others have mentioned, they seem to be impossible to find anywhere else.

Mar 30, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #954 of 992
Unboxing pics:

I didn't take a pic but the 3.5mm jack has black stripes.

And yes, after approximately 5 hours of burn-in they are starting to open up.

UPDATE: Pistons w/ Comply tips...wow, night and day difference.

Mar 30, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #955 of 992
Those look absolutely real.

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #957 of 992
It does indeed look real.

Just put in my order, look forward to getting it soon!

Hope you're enjoying them!

Ya, the give away that they are real is the surface of the aluminum anodize style parts and how flush and square the little rubber "Mi" logo strain relief piece sits at the bottom. I have found really good fakes but in direct comparison to original anodized style parts, fakes are more low weight and plastic. I have even seen a bunch of fakes with those small burnished lines on the plug and the wand, but the buttons seemed less substantial on the fake ones.

I can't believe Gearbest actually has them for sale again? Amazing!

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #958 of 992
After using the Piston 3s for years ever since they came out I have arrived at the ultimate tweak to raise the sound quality.

Sony Hybrid tips. The tips sit so far back that it gets the nozzle way up so that the treble then goes into super detail and super soundstage mode. Best discovery tweak I have ever found and it makes the Piston 3 sound like a new and better IEM.

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #959 of 992
Back in stock ....

http://m.gearbest.com/earphones/pp_169225.html

May 7, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #960 of 992
I was planning to purchase another one for someone and I'm finding it difficult to get one around $15. I can't find the piston 3s anywhere but I could find the hybrid easily. Not sure about the hybrid considering most people prefer the piston 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back