Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread
May 22, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #301 of 992
May 22, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #303 of 992
I've had the 3's for the last week and I'm a bit perplexed. I like the SQ more than the 2's for most music. In the 3's the bass is more controlled. The soundstage and treble is also better in the 3's. But the magic of the 2's (for me) was the fit and tips. The seal is very decent. The 3's - not even close for fit and sound isolation using the various sizes.

What other tips are everyone using? I skimmed this huge thread but didn't see much.

May 23, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #305 of 992
which is the best site for fast delivery .. i want to purchase piston3 now but dont want to wait for 12-25 days for delivery. I live in india.

May 25, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #309 of 992
I don't think the Piston 3s are actually very comfortable. They don't fit in my ears well at all and because of this they move around a lot and rub on my ears, causing discomfort. Isolation is also poor.

With the Piston 2s you can buy better ear tips to get a better fit and to stop them rubbing on your ears but due to the way the Piston 3s are shaped, there is less you can do.

For this reason I am no longer using mine.

May 25, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #311 of 992
Anyone here use iPhone?  If you like Piston 3 sound signature and you need IEM that works well with iPhone.  Try 1More IEM (The Voice of China version)

Side by side photos comparison 

May 26, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #314 of 992
  I've had the 3's for the last week and I'm a bit perplexed. I like the SQ more than the 2's for most music. In the 3's the bass is more controlled. The soundstage and treble is also better in the 3's. But the magic of the 2's (for me) was the fit and tips. The seal is very decent. The 3's - not even close for fit and sound isolation using the various sizes.

What other tips are everyone using? I skimmed this huge thread but didn't see much.

It took a few different tips to find the right one for me, even comply tips weren't the most secure and comfortable, but I ended up with the bi-flange that came with an old pair of MeElectronics M6.  It fits very well now and sounds excellent for $19.  The isolation is still lacking though...

May 27, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #315 of 992
My Youth Pistons arrived today (finally) and I'd say they're a little bit warmer than the Piston 3s but still closer to neutral than the Piston 2s.

Fit is still an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back