Xiaomi piston 3 vs Hybrids?
May 12, 2016 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

KabuTheFox

Head-Fier
looking for a pair of good cheap iem's, was thinking either the piston3 or the mi hybrids, cannot seem to find a good review comparison between them though. thoughts?

May 12, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #2 of 4
  looking for a pair of good cheap iem's, was thinking either the piston3 or the mi hybrids, cannot seem to find a good review comparison between them though. thoughts?

I don't have the piston3 but i do have the hybrids. An apparent difference (when i read about them) was the bass, since the piston3 was far more balanced. Depending on your tastes the hybrids have plenty of it, without overwhelming the mids too much imo.

The upper mids and treble are clear and the treble is soft. It's not a v-shaped iem but not a mid-centric either. It's like the mids are there but they're not the center of the attentions and treble is smooth at the same time. For a BA, the treble is incredibly laid back but, then again, don't forget the price. I'm just saying this because i know i was expecting a much more sparkly treble and although i consider myself treble sensitive i can say for sure that i did find it laid back.

There is a review of these (here on headfi) that compares these to both the pistons 2 and 3 (link) but it's a very brief comparison.

Hope that helps 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 12, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #3 of 4
I love the hybrids looks and they are very well done. Sq wise i feel them lacking, recessed mids and ok highs, mid bass and sub bass sounds good to me, bigger soundstage than the 3 but harder to drive, Imo they need some amping and equing to get the most out them. In all i prefer the more well rounded 3 or the 2 its a pity because as i said i love the looks. Forgot to say that i bought them from gearbest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back