Xiaomi Mi A1 launched- DIRAC HD Sound and Dedicated 10V Amp upto 600Ω impedance.
Sep 5, 2017 at 7:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

DudeLebowski

New Head-Fier
Xiaomi launched Mi A1 phone with impressive audio capabilities in the price range just now in India. Xiaomi announced that this phone is the flagship model for developing markets and it comes with stock Android out of the box.It had SD 625 processor.
Mi A1 will get Android Oreo by the end of the year, and Xiaomi says it’ll be one of the first phones to get Android P

It will be available in a total of 13 markets in Asia, ten in Europe, ten in the Middle East and Africa, and four in Central and South America. It'll be available on September 12th,2017.

The Mi A1 price starts at 14,999 rupees roughly about $235 for a 64GB model with 4GB of RAM

The Audio Capabilities as mentioned in Mi India website:

An industry leading 10V smart power amplifier paired with the advanced Dirac HD Sound algorithm provides powerful speaker audio output and deep lows for both music and phone calls.

The independent audio amplifier supports high-impedance headphones of up to 600Ω.

Excerpt of BGR Mi A1 Article on its audio Capabilities:

The Mi A1 comes with some notable audio features such as a dedicated headphone amplifier with support for electrical resistance up to 600Ω. For its speakers, the Mi A1 also features a 10V power amplifier which is said to push deeper lows and higher volume. DHS Audio calibration, standalone audio amplifier. The Mi A1 is also equipped with DHS Audio Calibration Algorithm for an enhanced audio experience on headphones and speakers.

Specs overview of Mi A1 for reference:

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 4.34.20 PM.png

Sep 18, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #5 of 17
This mobile phone is in my wish list, are Xiaomi phones normally good as music source?

Oct 25, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #10 of 17
According to this reddit post, there is noticeable background hiss or static when using low impedance earphones. It seems there are no audiophiles over there so no comments on the actual SQ.
Thanks, I've read that also, it dosent seem to affect everyone, though. I'm no audiophile but I've just bought one to replace the great HTC one m8 and HTC 10 so I'll give you my opinion in a couple of days. The external speaker sounds great, particularly being a singled bottom firing one m
Cheers

Oct 26, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #11 of 17
Thanks, I've read that also, it dosent seem to affect everyone, though. I'm no audiophile but I've just bought one to replace the great HTC one m8 and HTC 10 so I'll give you my opinion in a couple of days. The external speaker sounds great, particularly being a singled bottom firing one m
Cheers
Waiting for your review, as I have HTC 10 right now.
Looking for another phone with great audio quality as the 10

Oct 26, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #12 of 17
I finally tried today with my Xiaomi Piston 3.0 earbuds and while it probably won't sound exactly like the HTCs it sounds fantastic. I'm very happy with that, I didn't expect such a good sound quality.

Cheers

Dec 15, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #13 of 17
sí, con auriculares de baja impedancia hay siseo

Dunu 2000j (8Ohm) está presente.
Toneking HF800 (16Ohm) menos que en Dunu.

Meze 99C (32Ohm) sigue ahí, pero en menor medida.
Takstar 82 (32Ohm) debe ser absolutamente silencioso para detectarlo ...
Akg 712 / 7xx (62Ohm) no hay.

pero espero que pueda ser arreglado por una actualización ... el sonido es realmente bueno y tiene poder para hacerte olvidar llevar un dac / amperio.

Particularmente no me causa mucha incomodidad, escucho música a un volumen medio alto y puedo disfrutarlo.
las personas que escuchan a bajo volumen notarán más.

Dec 15, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #14 of 17
sí, con auriculares de baja impedancia hay siseo

Dunu 2000j (8Ohm) está presente.
Toneking HF800 (16Ohm) menos que en Dunu.

Meze 99C (32Ohm) sigue ahí, pero en menor medida.
Takstar 82 (32Ohm) debe ser absolutamente silencioso para detectarlo ...
Akg 712 / 7xx (62Ohm) no hay.

pero espero que pueda ser arreglado por una actualización ... el sonido es realmente bueno y tiene poder para hacerte olvidar llevar un dac / amperio.

Particularmente no me causa mucha incomodidad, escucho música a un volumen medio alto y puedo disfrutarlo.
las personas que escuchan a bajo volumen notarán más.
Yo tengo Los piston (32 ohm) y no siento siseo alguno

Dec 15, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #15 of 17
Hablamos de 10V de potencia, un Mojo tiene 3V y la balanceada de un Ibasso DX200 6V, no os parece una burrada?, a mi no me cuadra, esa potencia pocos amplificadores estacionarios la tienen, no se, me genera muchas dudas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back