Xian Sheng Amp Headphone input problem
Sep 20, 2011 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

PiMoGo

New Head-Fier
Hi Head-Fiers!

Looking for help with isolating the problem my Xian Sheng 708B has developed. Not knowing very much about the mechanics  involved, I was hoping someone could offer some suggestion on fixing the following problem: When I go to plug my headphone in, I notice the sound (if it transmits sound at all) is concentrated on one ear, either the left or the right. If i pull the plug out a bit, I can get it to play in stereo, but i have to hold it just right. Any clue what is causing this and what requires replacing?

Thanks

Hugo

Sep 22, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the response! I tested and Its clearly the amp, as my cans work in other devices just fine. Anyone know how the connector on the Xian can be replaced?

Sep 22, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #4 of 4
You'll need to open it up and see for your self, if you don't feel confident using a soldering iron someone else will have to do it.
It may just be some cracked solder joints on the connector it self, maybe a broken pin, or it could the connector has been strained too much bending the 'spades' that make contact with the plug on the headphone cable.
If it is the latter, you may be able to bend them so that they make firm contact, if solder joints are to blame, those joints will need to be reheated and maybe completely re-soldered, if pins on the headphone connector has broken, the connector needs to be replaced.

Is the warranty expired?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back