XFi Xtrememusic worth it?
Jun 5, 2007 at 2:36 PM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the Xtreme Music and it does have 5.1 output, I don't know why the poster above thinks it doesn't. It's also heads and shoulders above the Live 24 bit, which is what I had previously. Great for gaming, movies, and good enough for music. Also has optical out if you ever get an external DAC. Good value for the money.

Just for the record, the digital out of the X-Fi is coaxial not optical spdif--via an adapter to mono mini headphone jack. It is absurd that Creative does not provide an RCA jack for digital out, but the digital out is quite decent-sounding IMO.

Jun 6, 2007 at 9:26 AM Post #32 of 35
I found a store that used to carry the Xtrememusic and they said that the product has indeed been discontinued. They were offering me the Xtremegamer for a bit more than the Xtrememusic. Should I go for it?
Again, I don't game, but wish to upgrade my sound card. And it's apparently either this or the M-Audio 2496.

EDIT: It's the Fatality edition, which is why it costs more than the Xtrememusic. From looking around this site, plus some google-ing, I think it may be worth it. Am I right?

Jun 7, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #35 of 35
HT Omega claro will be a much better choice for music and it supports 5.1 channel for movies. Of course the better choice will be X-Meridian if you don't have any budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back