Xfi Titanium HD headphone amp or FiiO E11
Sep 5, 2012 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Trox

New Head-Fier
Hi mates!

I've just purchased this new soundcard for my computer, I was using Xonar DX [size=small]> FiiO E11 [/size][size=small]> Grado Sr 325, now my question is: I should use headphone amplifier output from the Xfi or I should keep using my FiiO E11?[/size]

[size=x-small]In case it is worth using the Xfi out, what is the BEST op amp upgrade I could do to it? I mainly listen to rock, metal.[/size]

[size=x-small]Cheers,[/size]

[size=x-small]-Bruno[/size]

Sep 5, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #2 of 7
I suggest that, when you get it, test the headphones straight out of the card AND through the E11, then keep the setup that sounds better to you.

As for OPAMPs, I have no recommendations since I just leave the card stock. The one time I replaced the JRC OPAMPs (trying to remember if they're in the buffer or I/V section) with some LME49860NAs, it resulted in a horribly V-shaped frequency response that instantly made me want to put the old ones back in.

Sep 5, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #3 of 7
Ok thanks, I will try both of the ways, I have not installed the card yet so... Is there any way to use headphone out at the same time as the line out?

More feedback on opamps would be appreciated!

Cheers

Sep 6, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #4 of 7
You can't use the headphone 3.5mm jack and the RCA line-out simultaneously. If anything's plugged into the former, it disables the latter automatically, with no driver option to change that behavior.

It's a common complaint, but one that doesn't bother me since I only use the RCA-out to my headphone amp setup.

Sep 6, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #5 of 7
The Ti-HDs headphone jack has a high impedance of 35-Ohm (per someone else).
And the 32-Ohm 325si technically would do better with a source that has a lower impedance of 4-Ohms or less.
The Fiio E11 has a very low impedance, I believe under 1-Ohm.
So the 325si should sound better plugged into the Fiio E11.
But best to trust your own ears.

Sep 6, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #6 of 7
For now the best setyp I could find is thru the FiiO E11, but being a low end amp makes me wanna change it. What would be a nicer amp for this Grados, maybe a Little Dot I+? What do you suggest?

Sep 6, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
For now the best setup I could find is thru the FiiO E11, but being a low end amp makes me wanna change it. What would be a nicer amp for this Grados, maybe a Little Dot I+? What do you suggest?

Little Dot 1+ Hybrid would be one choice.
O2 (Objective 2) works great for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back