XFi or Juli@ / Headroom amp/DAC or something else? gamer/lossless BASS
Jun 29, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Disiskurt
Do you plan on using the MicroAmp and MicroDAC portably? Because besides portability, option to use batteries, and USB connectivity (for the DAC,) there's nothing that puts them above other options in the $300 price range.

Maybe I will find a use for their portability with an iPod or laptop, but no, it is not a requisite. I really just want to be able to listen to FLAC, play games, and have the best possible sound for the money, prefrably without having to swap cables around when I want to switch from music to games. (xfi->coax(??)->amp for now, then xfi->spdif->dac->amp when I can afford it)

The crossfeed option on the Micro is nice.

Why, have any other suggestions? I've seen a lot of talk here about headfive and Zhaolu. Are they better options than the headroom stuff?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 29, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #17 of 22
I just thought I'de add USB mics are very good imho and very good replacements to the need for a mic jack. I needed many inputs and outputs so I bought the elite pro, which has the same at the other cards with i/o baydrives, except I didn't want something clunky in my case.

Jun 29, 2006 at 9:45 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
I just thought I'de add USB mics are very good imho and very good replacements to the need for a mic jack. I needed many inputs and outputs so I bought the elite pro, which has the same at the other cards with i/o baydrives, except I didn't want something clunky in my case.

Excellent suggestion! I have been forgetting that these suckers exist. I may pick up the Logitech USB mic to test it out on TeamSpeak.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16836111601

Team X-fi
basshead.gif

Jun 29, 2006 at 11:26 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by device manager
Excellent suggestion! I have been forgetting that these suckers exist. I may pick up the Logitech USB mic to test it out on TeamSpeak.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16836111601

Team X-fi
basshead.gif

Your link doesn't load, but I have an logitech usb mic as well
smily_headphones1.gif
. If they spaced the ports on the sound card out better, I wouldn't care about usb or not, but as they design these things nowadays, it is just too bloody hard to get all your wires in there if you are using 5.1 or 7.1 speakers like myself. Of course my elite pro has 1/4" mic jacks, but I don't really care, I like the Logitech.

Jun 30, 2006 at 5:22 PM Post #22 of 22
Thing is, the USB mic doesn't get any of the future benefits of the EAX 5.0, which I believe future games will allow you to locate your teammates voices in relation to where they are in the game (at least that's what I read in one of those long articles on the X-Fi.) But I don't know, since I'm going to use coax to connect to my DAC (which the Zhaolu is supposedly considerably better with,) maybe I should just get the Xtrememusic. Today's the last day of the Zipzoomfly rebate, I'll have to decide on something soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back