Xfi bit-accurate
Apr 28, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #16 of 21
IC..Thanks RichyRich for the explanation..
So i need a DAC in order to use the Bit-Accurate?

Apr 28, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IC..Thanks RichyRich for the explanation..
So i need a DAC in order to use the Bit-Accurate?

..., an external DAC.

jiitee

Apr 29, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by toanaldino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone tell me the different btw settings the sample rate @ 44.1khz and 48khz, i tried both and i really couldn't tell the difference. Also @ 44.1 KHZ there was hissing from the x-fi and dead silence @ 48KHZ.

also can someone explain the benefits of using bit-perfect?

cheers
Toan

You shouldn't have hissing but that aside, there shouldn't be a massive difference between 44.1Khz and 48Khz if ASIO is doing it.

When Windows kmixer upsamples to 48Khz, it really does degrade the sound though.

CD's are mainly 44.1Khz so you are not adding anything to it and hearing the recording as it was meant to be heard.

Bit-perfect is for using the xfi just as a transport i.e.just sending the 0's and 1's to an external source to do the decoding.This is beneficial because computers have loads of interference(RFI)inside them.

Which could be one of many reasons why you've got hissing.

Apr 29, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jiiteepee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In bit-matched/accurate mode samplerate is set automatically by the source ... i.e. you can't change it manually.

jiitee

Yes, you can. I have my EMU 0404 USB hooked up to the digital out of the X-Fi and it is set to use bit matched playback, I can still change the sample rate. If I wasn't able to change the sample rate then the EMU 0404 wouldn't lose sync whenever I do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back