Xfi bit-accurate
Apr 26, 2007 at 3:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

kamal007

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey Head-fiers

can anyone guide me on how to enable them? is it the same as bit-matched?

Thanks

Apr 26, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #2 of 21
Change to the audio creation mode. Then click on settings (bottom left corner of the console) and check the box that says 'enable bit-matched playback.' Hit ok and you should be good to go. Also makes sure it is outputting 44.1khz and not the default 48khz.

Apr 26, 2007 at 6:58 AM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mher6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Change to the audio creation mode. Then click on settings (bottom left corner of the console) and check the box that says 'enable bit-matched playback.' Hit ok and you should be good to go. Also makes sure it is outputting 44.1khz and not the default 48khz.

In bit-matched/accurate mode samplerate is set automatically by the source ... i.e. you can't change it manually.

jiitee

Apr 26, 2007 at 9:42 AM Post #5 of 21
well....im using ASIO4All and enable what Mher6 told me..

but i can still control the volume from using my pc.. what i heard is when u enable the bit accurate, you can only increase or decrease the sound via your amp...

Apr 26, 2007 at 1:13 PM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You must have a qood reason for that choice ...
gigi.gif

jiitee

Apr 26, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

but i can still control the volume from using my pc.. what i heard is when u enable the bit accurate, you can only increase or decrease the sound via your amp...

It depends, your X-Fi volume and Windows volume shouldn't change anything, but the media player software will still attenuate the sound.

Apr 26, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jiiteepee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In bit-matched/accurate mode samplerate is set automatically by the source ... i.e. you can't change it manually.

No. ASIO will change it, otherwise it will stick to whatever the user sets it at.

Apr 26, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Try updating your drivers. If bitperfect works then changing the volume in the x-fi mixer does nothing.

Apr 26, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #11 of 21
changed from Asio4 all to creative asio...
still i can change the volume via my pc...
im using foobar2000 btw..
bitrate is set to 44.1khz

Apr 28, 2007 at 12:05 PM Post #13 of 21
What are you connecting the xfi to?

A 5.1 amp with digital in or a dac?

Are you using the digital out or line out on the xfi?

If it's the line out,then you can not get bit matched playback.

Unless you are sending it to an external dac what you are trying to do is pointless.

Apr 28, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #14 of 21
im using misterX XP amp via lineout (3.5mm female jack)..how do i change them to digital out?

Apr 28, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

im using misterX XP amp via lineout (3.5mm female jack)..how do i change them to digital out?

You can't with your amp.Your amp needs a analogue signal,it does no decoding.

As I understand it bit matched playback if for keeping the digital audio stream the same as the recording when sending it to an external source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back