Xenos Audio Products out of business??
Sep 7, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #16 of 23
Dunno if Aptecpro will even honor the warranty on their (now defunct) Xenos, even if they claim that they will.
The little "collar" into which the headphone plug is inserted on my X1HA-EPC broke off(it's made of plastic), so I sent them an email at 2.support@aptecpro.com inquiring about warranty work but got no reply.
Right now, I'd be reluctant to just send in my Xenos; I just might not ever see it again.
Anyway, I could just superglue the broken piece back into place; not a big deal.
When the battery eventually needs replacement, though, might be a bit of a problem finding the correct one.
But I'll still keep my X1HA, it's a fine little amp. I'm really enjoying it.

Sep 18, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #17 of 23
This is sad news....Sorry so late , I just found this thread....
plainface.gif

I have an EPC and an OHA-REP with OPA2228/LMH6654. I wanted to get another OHA-REP with OPA2228/LMH6654 from Alberto.....it's the Bass Lovers portable.
tongue.gif

Nov 7, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #18 of 23
Wow really sad news
frown.gif
I love my 1HA-EPC. The build quality is so good it feels like it can last another 10 years.

Nov 8, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #21 of 23
In my experience Alberto has been a very responsive person. I bought a Xenos 1HA-EPC and just recently bought an extra battery, for myself and a friend who also owns one. Alberto has answered all my emails and I am sure he will honor the warranty, if you provide proof of date of purchase. He owns a full time audio business in Aptecpro which is still very much up and running. He just decided to get out of the portable amp business. My guess is due to the fickle nature of many headphone amp purchasers who very often put style over substance and run after the FOTM so easily. (Just look at all the amps for sale due to Boomana's "disturbing trend" thread and Skylab's review of the Arietta!) I personally would much rather have a good amp for less, than a "pretty" amp for more. The Xenos is still one of the best performing portable amps and cost about 60% of it's closest competitor, (take your pick between the Hornet and the Tomahawk) Used, you can get one for < $175 and the warranty is transferable. (That's about 10 cents a day over 5 years with impedance switching and cross-feed to boot!)
Email him at: 2.support@aptecpro.com for warranty service and/or other important issues. If it takes a little while for him to answer, please understand he is still a very busy man!

Dec 2, 2010 at 7:28 AM Post #23 of 23

Quote:
This might answer why the service of Xenos was such bad - no response for my technical question even I wrote them several times.

I don't want to tear them down but I think you are right. I tried couple of times to send a query to them but I got no answer as well. I was shocked of what happened and this was really annoying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back