Xenos 1HA-EPC impressions from a noob
May 8, 2007 at 8:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hardstyler

500+ Head-Fier
This is my first amp and I am very impressed. It took about 2 weeks to arrive from Canada to Australia. Very fast delivery IMO.

I'm running it from Audigy 2zs with dt770pro/80. The first thing I noticed is more forward mids(vocals), clearer sound and more soundstage. Bass is tighter and a bit deeper with better definition but in general dt770pro now sounds better in every way than A900 unnamped. I am yet to try A900 with this amp. Definitely the biggest improvement to my ears is the mids section which makes listening to dt770pro now much more enjoyable.

There is absolutely no hiss and the built quality is truly excellent, it feels solid and its quite heavy which I like. I really like this amp and would recommend it to everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

May 8, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #2 of 5
Glad to hear you are enjoying yours. I've hauled mine around and used it nearly everyday for the last two months or so - it is a great amp and I've had zero problems with it.

You can do a search for other threads on this topic, most hold this amp in high regard both in in build and sound quality. It is slightly bulky but the sound is terrific. Unlike many products I own, it does not leave me wanting for more.

Enjoy!!

Rich

May 8, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #5 of 5
Wow it sounds even better out of a dvd/cd player lineout. I am truly impressed.

Never knew headphones can sound this good. Every headphone I've tried so far sounds better with this amp (as was expected lol). Even A900 sounds a bit clearer and with more detail. HD485 now sounds good too. Unamped the HD485 was pretty boring and lacking in detail and energy. I didn't notice much change with K81DJ though. I am yet to test KSC75.

Good times
smily_headphones1.gif
Now I just need some good open headphones like dt990, HD650 or K701. Too many closed ones
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back