XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
Dec 2, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #332 of 918
Have you heard the OH500? Which of those sound warmer, the teas or the h40?
No sorry....
H40 is by far the warmer earphone and the more natural as well
Smooth as hell with a most impressive Soundstage
For me at least it was the purchase of 2020
The best VFM iem for this year!!!!

Dec 2, 2020 at 5:11 AM Post #333 of 918
H40 has the WOW factor
On first listening I was totally impressed... You ain't gonna regret it that's for sure... :wink:

Dec 2, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #334 of 918
yeah........very detailed in the upper frequencies,very airy and spacious as well.....

In a Thieaudio L5 I read comparison with Tea and reviewer said Tea has a dark sound.
When I read it I was scared because I bought TEA reading different opinions like a neutral fuller sound with beautiful extended and resolving highs, maybe not the best resolving IEM but not dark! :frowning2:
Thank you for your feedback I hope it’s like u say with my M6 pro.
I’m considering also REECHO Insects Awaken🙈

Dec 2, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #335 of 918
In a Thieaudio L5 I read comparison with Tea and reviewer said Tea has a dark sound.
When I read it I was scared because I bought TEA reading different opinions like a neutral fuller sound with beautiful extended and resolving highs, maybe not the best resolving IEM but not dark! :frowning2:
Mangird Tea is deffinetely one of the brightest earphones i ve ever heard,and the brightest in my collection along with TSMR3 Pro....DEFFINETELY NOT DARK
if you were in the search for a dark earphone i would immediatelly reccomend FiiO FA7

Dec 2, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #336 of 918
Mangird Tea is deffinetely one of the brightest earphones i ve ever heard,and the brightest in my collection along with TSMR3 Pro....DEFFINETELY NOT DARK
if you were in the search for a dark earphone i would immediatelly reccomend FiiO FA7
No no i wasn't look at dark sound, but a funny airy sound with a decent body. :wink:

Dec 2, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #337 of 918
What do you know? Found your post here just on time.:wink: I think, I have about 15 hours on my Tea (Cannot put it down:o2smile:). I listened to it the whole day today with a short break to compare to Miracle & MEST. Switching from MEST really makes me feel damming diminishing returns. Tonality wise it's actually in the same class with MEST - reference neutral.

While Tea isn't as full sounding as Volt & Opus Mia, - it more than makes up for it with natural tonality, clean & impactful bass and engaging addictive soundstage. The brightness is comparable to Blessing2 but better overall tonality. Tea is warmer and closer to my preference. (BTW, I use both Bl2 and Tea with basic $10 KBear 4 core copper:smile_cat:, Audiophile snobs, feel free to cringe & frown:person_frowning:).

Now, when I switch from Tea to Tequila, - that one is indeed darker, much darker, not quite Roland level but yea, pretty dark. But Tequila is the :crown:King of tonal accuracy - IMO superior to everything I own. Not SE846, not iBasso AM05, not even MEST can compare. Roland is the only one that comes close but has that dreadful dip at 12K.

So, as you suspected, Tequila is not for everyone, but Tea is just excellent and has enough bass and isolation to be used in NYC subway. I think that graph doesn't do it justice as Tea bass is very dynamic and outperforms the graph-based expectations.
Mangird Tea is deffinetely one of the brightest earphones i ve ever heard, and the brightest in my collection along with TSMR3 Pro....DEFFINETELY NOT DARK
I agree, Tea is definitely not dark, it sounds to me equally bright with Blessing2, but I'm intrigued if Tea is also brighter than ROSE BR5 from your collection. I own Miracle and from that and research of Rose Technics house sound, - that IEM should be pretty bright.:thinking: (Miracle is one of the brightest in my collection, but smooth treble makes it tolerable.)
Now, about that review:
https://www.audiodiscourse.com/2020/10/thieaudio-legacy-5-review.html
1606965582816.png

Since the reviewer seems to have very similar sound preferences to my own, I think that the reason why Tea sounded darker in comparison - that Tea has lower levels of 5-8K as well as of another natural sensitivity point -12K.
Neither Tea nor L5 lacks brightness IMO but L5 has more low-mid bass, while Tea bass is linear with impact, reminiscent of Mofasest Trio(not quite that punchy).
You need to hear Tea before contemplating that. The bass quality of Tea is very good and I doubt that even new gen vented BA can much improve on speed, not to mention that no BA can be as impactful. Just give it a few hours of burn-in.
At least 1st 30 min it sounded a bit grainy. :vulcan:

Dec 3, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #338 of 918
What do you know? Found your post here just on time.:wink: I think, I have about 15 hours on my Tea (Cannot put it down:o2smile:). I listened to it the whole day today with a short break to compare to Miracle & MEST. Switching from MEST really makes me feel damming diminishing returns. Tonality wise it's actually in the same class with MEST - reference neutral.

While Tea isn't as full sounding as Volt & Opus Mia, - it more than makes up for it with natural tonality, clean & impactful bass and engaging addictive soundstage. The brightness is comparable to Blessing2 but better overall tonality. Tea is warmer and closer to my preference. (BTW, I use both Bl2 and Tea with basic $10 KBear 4 core copper:smile_cat:, Audiophile snobs, feel free to cringe & frown:person_frowning:).

Now, when I switch from Tea to Tequila, - that one is indeed darker, much darker, not quite Roland level but yea, pretty dark. But Tequila is the :crown:King of tonal accuracy - IMO superior to everything I own. Not SE846, not iBasso AM05, not even MEST can compare. Roland is the only one that comes close but has that dreadful dip at 12K.

So, as you suspected, Tequila is not for everyone, but Tea is just excellent and has enough bass and isolation to be used in NYC subway. I think that graph doesn't do it justice as Tea bass is very dynamic and outperforms the graph-based expectations.

I agree, Tea is definitely not dark, it sounds to me equally bright with Blessing2, but I'm intrigued if Tea is also brighter than ROSE BR5 from your collection. I own Miracle and from that and research of Rose Technics house sound, - that IEM should be pretty bright.:thinking: (Miracle is one of the brightest in my collection, but smooth treble makes it tolerable.)
Now, about that review:

Since the reviewer seems to have very similar sound preferences to my own, I think that the reason why Tea sounded darker in comparison - that Tea has lower levels of 5-8K as well as of another natural sensitivity point -12K.
Neither Tea nor L5 lacks brightness IMO but L5 has more low-mid bass, while Tea bass is linear with impact, reminiscent of Mofasest Trio(not quite that punchy).

You need to hear Tea before contemplating that. The bass quality of Tea is very good and I doubt that even new gen vented BA can much improve on speed, not to mention that no BA can be as impactful. Just give it a few hours of burn-in.
Totally agree about the bass on the Teas
Particularly the sub bass has pretty darn impact that impressed me the most
It's linear with impact as you very well described it..
Regarding the Rose BR5 it's pretty bright Allright though it feels a bit smoother overall and pretty good for long listening sessions... I used to have the updated version (BR5 MKII) for a long time and that was the closest to the Teas overall sound wise... Extremely bright with extended upper high region.....it's a compilation of knowles and Sonion BA drivers as well on BR5 MKII...
Must be indeed Rose house sound the tonality I mean.....

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #339 of 918

Now, about that review:
1606965582816.png

Hey, so, have you listened to both Volt and Opus Mia?

Dec 3, 2020 at 6:49 AM Post #340 of 918
Dec 3, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #341 of 918
Dec 4, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #342 of 918
Hey, so, have you listened to both Volt and Opus Mia?
Before answering this, I must remind that I'm such a big fan of DD bass and mids, that have blind bought Rose Miracle without single review or impression just because that $870 flagship had 11mm +7mm DD + 4EST.
So my opinion may be biased by my preferences. :sunglasses:

I generally don't like BA upper mids since BAs always have peaks, even when graphs don't have enough resolution to show them, it ruins sound-stage for me.
That said, I'm happy to see that the evolution of BA tech progressed to the point where I started to find some BA tuning acceptable.
:zap:Volt is more than acceptable with high quality Sonion BA used. Surprisingly, so is Tea.
Opus Mia has more similarity of its tuning with Tea than with Volt. Since it's a Mangird thread, it's logical to use Tea tuning as a reference (which I kind of did earlier).
Volt has proper sub bass but too much low-mid bass IMO, but I knew that coming from Penon Orb. The intended use for Volt was noisy conditions, including NYC subway, street, work where isolation & extra thickness actually helps. Overall tonality of Volt is warmer than OM(Purple-blue) and much warmer than Tea.
Volt has very good forward mids, that along with bass are creating roomy almost cavernous soundstage, that is more round and organic than Tea and OM. OM has widest and deepest soundstage that feels more infinite than cavernous and while that detracts from accuracy of positioning, yet creates easier to listen, more open sound field.
Tea has some of that openness too but OM creates a larger venue impression🎭 :stadium::circus_tent:(similarly to Sony Z5), so while Tea is more accurate stage-wise, OM just has more of a wow factor, more magic than Tea and more magic than Volt, though by smaller margin.
The disadvantage of more resolving tuning of OM is that it's considerably less forgiving to compression.
Volt would be better equipped for OM kind of tuning with high quality Sonion BA and 4 EST vs OMs 2+Piezo. But instead Volt has safer tuning with anti-sibilance 5-6K dip and Tea tuning has additional 12K dip. That makes them sound good with everything, including Google YTM via LDAC on UP4, BTR3, BTR5. (Qudelix has pathetic battery life👎, so I use it only with IEM that need EQ)

So, at home - my preferred sound is OM. It has better bass with linear boost toward the sub-bass, just like Tea, but a lot stronger. OM effortlessness is second only to the kind of LX and ier-z1r, and comparable to MEST.
The only not TOTL IEM that I've heard that has that kind of effortless hit in the sub-bass:punch: is Mofasest Trio & FH7, albeit flatter.
Tea is surprisingly competitive & a jack of all trades. When I want maximum quality, I take Volt on the go, otherwise Tea is going to be my daily commute driver (maybe along with L5, but L5 sadly has a bit of driver flex with my preferred tips) OM isolation is poor even with non-vented maximum bass nozzles.🤷‍♂️
One more thing: Volt resin universal shell is immensely more comfortable for a long time wearing, and not likely to collect moisture like metal shell IEM tend to. The thought that ⚡hi-voltage EST drivers possible exposure to :sweat_drops:condensate☔ makes me cringe:cold_sweat:. Though, I haven't heard many complaints on IMR build quality and customer support is topnotch.

Objectively Volt is a lot easier to recommend. Natural TOTL upgrade to the kind of H40 & FH3, not necessarily to Tea.
:vulcan:

Dec 4, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #345 of 918
What do guys think of the Tea for vocals? I really think to upgrade cuz I’m using a vshaped iem, which I really don’t like for my music.
I actually think the Tea is ideal for vocals, because as opposed the v-shaped IEM tuning, it is mid-centric. Both male and female vocals sound equally lush to me, with a nice full weight to the midrange, w/o really being warm. Vocals, however, are not very intimate sounding, which helps with the Tea’s amazing imaging, but it won‘t sound like a really close-up performance, if that is what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back