Xears VS Brainwave M1+prices
Aug 9, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #17 of 26
M1 does have some bass, but without much extension or impact. It does require a little higher volume due to the impedance.

If you want bass quantity, you are better off with either TDIII v2 or N3i. I've not heard the N3i, so cannot comment on it, but TDIII v2 has more bass quantity and forward mids compared to M1.

Aug 9, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #18 of 26
The M1 isn't bass light but the TD-III has some more mid bass. What kind of ear/headphones are you using right now? So it might easier to define the bass.

Aug 9, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #19 of 26

Quote:
M1 does have some bass, but without much extension or impact. It does require a little higher volume due to the impedance.

If you want bass quantity, you are better off with either TDIII v2 or N3i. I've not heard the N3i, so cannot comment on it, but TDIII v2 has more bass quantity and forward mids compared to M1.

I like bass on amplifiers but i don't know how it is on earphones.

Quote:
The M1 isn't bass light but the TD-III has some more mid bass. What kind of ear/headphones are you using right now? So it might easier to define the bass.

its my first normal IEM so i haven't any experience and understanding

Aug 10, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #22 of 26

Quote:
The M1 isn't bass light but the TD-III has some more mid bass.

Lots more low bass too. I prefer the M1 overall and got a bit more bottom from them by venting but they're obviously not designed for it as they're EXTREMELY finicky about it(not recommended). I also find the TDs have too much midbass but their low bass is not lacking and clearly more apparent than on the M1. 

Aug 10, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #23 of 26
How would the M2's stand against the TD-III's, N3i's or other Xears IEMs? Differences between TD-III and N3i?
I know the Xears are bassy and M2's not, but I'm meaning like SQ-wise or bang/buck-wise. Are they all in the same league?

I've read about the M2's, and though I do like bass and own a pair of DT990's, I still think I'd like them. The major turn-on with the M2's/Xears is the availability+price fairness. I've looked at a lot other IEMs, but I'd have to order from Asia or something alike to get most of them at a fair price, but then I'd have to wait 4-8 weeks unless I choose $30-40 shipping.

Aug 11, 2011 at 6:26 AM Post #25 of 26

Quote:
I've not heard the N3i, but I've compared some of the Brainwavz and Xears in my blog post. Again, keep in mind that's just one person's subjective opinion.

iv'e already read that, thanks

I'm still not sure whether to take the TD-III or the M1, but I think I'm a bit more towards the TD-III because it has a bass and bass is good(I really hope it's not too much, but I think that even if a bit too much so it still sound fine because it have a good quality), yet I'm afraid i'll buy something more expensive(TD-III) while i can buy something less expensive for a lower price and a good chance that it better(M1)
selecting earphones it's really hard..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back