Xears VS Brainwave M1+prices
Aug 8, 2011 at 1:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Max8128

New Head-Fier
edit:

My final dilemma is between TD-III to M1.

I need a few more opinions that it would be easier for me to decide

the thread:
Hello
After a lot of searching and after reading |Joker|'s thread, I got four possible choices according to the grades and the prices.
Brainwavz M1
Xears TD II BLK
Xears TD III
Xears Nature N3I(i think my favorite)
(I'm not sure about it, if you have more suggestions go for it)

2 questions,
1. which one is better?
2. in joker's thread the prices of the TDIII and the N3I are 45$ but i found them only for 60+ euro in the 4 satisfaction store and at the german ebay.

thank you very much :)

Aug 8, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #4 of 26
It's in the second step of the checkout process. You click "order" button from shopping cart and in the next step (where you enter address details), there's a field for entering coupon code (below payment method). I just checked it and the code still works.

Aug 8, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #5 of 26
I own the M1 and TD-III. The M1 is quite balanced and has some good bass, cable is nice and flexible and it is very small and lightweight. The TD-III is warm and has more bass quantity, they use a textile J cord (i prefer Y) and they are a bit bigger. I prefer the M1 and i think they had a special coupon today $15 off

Aug 8, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #6 of 26

Quote:
It's in the second step of the checkout process. You click "order" button from shopping cart and in the next step (where you enter address details), there's a field for entering coupon code (below payment method). I just checked it and the code still works.

the first step doesn't works, when i click on "in den warenkob" it asks me "how much do you want?" i enter "1" and nothing And nothing happens (http://www.xears.com/de/ right?)

Quote:
I own the M1 and TD-III. The M1 is quite balanced and has some good bass, cable is nice and flexible and it is very small and lightweight. The TD-III is warm and has more bass quantity, they use a textile J cord (i prefer Y) and they are a bit bigger. I prefer the M1 and i think they had a special coupon today $15 off

thank you :)

Aug 8, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #7 of 26

Quote:
the first step doesn't works, when i click on "in den warenkob" it asks me "how much do you want?" i enter "1" and nothing And nothing happens (http://www.xears.com/de/ right?)

You need to click the Shopping Cart button at the top in order to continue. After that, you click the "Order" button, click "Next Step 2". There you have space for entering your address, Payment method as well as the Coupon code.

Aug 8, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #8 of 26
Another M1 and TD-III owner. The M1 is more neutral with forward mids.The TD-III is warmer with more bass.
Both are good choices, about the best you can get for that kind of money. If you prefer bass, go for the TD-II, if you prefer more neutral in-ear monitors with forward mids, the M1 is the best choice.

Aug 8, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #9 of 26

Quote:
You need to click the Shopping Cart button at the top in order to continue. After that, you click the "Order" button, click "Next Step 2". There you have space for entering your address, Payment method as well as the Coupon code.

thank you very much!! i get it, and the coupon works, now i only have to decide which one to buy

Quote:
Another M1 and TD-III owner. The M1 is more neutral with forward mids.The TD-III is warmer with more bass.
Both are good choices, about the best you can get for that kind of money. If you prefer bass, go for the TD-II, if you prefer more neutral in-ear monitors with forward mids, the M1 is the best choice.

i kinda like bass on the amplifiers, so i guess it would be good on the earphones too,but im still not sure, what do you suggest?

Aug 8, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #10 of 26
Im a current TD-III owner and previous m1 owner. As my signature indicates, I felt the m1 were the worst IEM Ive owned. I dont know where people are getting the impression that they are clear, because I thought clarity was painfully lacking. No soundstage depth and vocals were recessed. People call it balanced and laid back but I just call it bad quality. The TD-III on the other hand I like a lot. As the other posts indicate these arent neutral or balanced IEMs. They are bassy but quality of the mids and highs are quite good. I grab these often when I want that extra oomph in the music.

Aug 8, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #13 of 26
Well since you can grab the brainwavz M1 for 15$ i say go for it! You really cant lose. I have them and i am very satisfied. One of the most comfortable iems i had so far and the sound is capable and fun.
The question is. Do you prefer M1 for 15$ or the xears for 50$?

Aug 9, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #14 of 26

Quote:
Well since you can grab the brainwavz M1 for 15$ i say go for it! You really cant lose. I have them and i am very satisfied. One of the most comfortable iems i had so far and the sound is capable and fun.
The question is. Do you prefer M1 for 15$ or the xears for 50$?

where can i find them for 15$?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back