Xduoo??
Sep 18, 2018 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Mhog55

Headphoneus Supremus
Is Xduoo like the Kia of vehicles, generic soda of colas, or Quantum of fishing reels? Good bang for your buck until it fails type of deal?
Looking at Xduoo X20, and it seems solid, especially considering the price. No touch screen, old school buttons, and just a single dac chip. It kinda scares me away, being it's priced considerably less than competing daps with the same features. Generally that means it's cheap - poorly built, or it's going to konk out sooner than it should.
Whats people's experience with Xduoo daps?

Sep 19, 2018 at 5:37 AM Post #2 of 5
crap support...although none of mine have crapped out on me yet ; they sound feckin great.
I have X2, X3, D3....I would buy the X3 (V2) or X20 if I had the money.
my fave of the lot is the X2 so cheap for such an amazing sounding little DAP. someone here once described it as having ''gobs of detail'' ... loads of clarity and space. the X3 (v1) was a bit too warm and smooth for my liking , the D3 despite its quirks and annoyances also sounds great to me, wide soundstage , percussion and drums sound ace with this, it has a real sparkly sound to it.

cheers!

Sep 19, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #3 of 5
**** support...although none of mine have crapped out on me yet ; they sound feckin great.
I have X2, X3, D3....I would buy the X3 (V2) or X20 if I had the money.
my fave of the lot is the X2 so cheap for such an amazing sounding little DAP. someone here once described it as having ''gobs of detail'' ... loads of clarity and space. the X3 (v1) was a bit too warm and smooth for my liking , the D3 despite its quirks and annoyances also sounds great to me, wide soundstage , percussion and drums sound ace with this, it has a real sparkly sound to it.

cheers!
It looks like the D3 is essentially an X20 with a different dac chip and no balanced output. I just need stable firmware and great audio quality. Do your players always work as intended without any hang ups?

Sep 20, 2018 at 4:17 AM Post #4 of 5
well ..... the D3 is probably the buggiest, I did the first firmware update which improved certain things ie beginning of tunes stopped having the first 2/3 seconds cut off. further updates seemed to increase problems according to other users so I didn't go further than that. it is still very slooooow tho.
the X3 worked fine apart from the pitch error in stock firmware obvious improvement with rockboxing it.
X2 had 7 FW updates, works great even if it is a little bit finickity in operation but I got used to that really quickly, doesn't bother me at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back