XDUoo XD05PRO
Apr 12, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #2,027 of 2,284
There is already a solution for the white noise, you have to replace the resistor on the oamp module. Look for the comment above. I will need also replace, I hear also white noise during the use sensitive iems.
Not everyone wants/can solder. I guess I need to buy a second module on Taobao and replace the resistors, if the hissing is annoying me. So far hissing is low enough on my end, but I didn't try my most sensitive IEMs yet.
Btw. sensitive IEMs don't have anything to do with bad IEMs as even TOTL class IEMs can be sensitive!

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 10:52 PM Post #2,029 of 2,284
Not everyone wants/can solder. I guess I need to buy a second module on Taobao and replace the resistors, if the hissing is annoying me. So far hissing is low enough on my end, but I didn't try my most sensitive IEMs yet.
Btw. sensitive IEMs don't have anything to do with bad IEMs as even TOTL class IEMs can be sensitive!
This is a good option. Sometimes I want the output with less gain, just replacing amp module is such an easy task.

Apr 13, 2024 at 4:58 AM Post #2,030 of 2,284
Where did you order from ? I found one on eBay US but none on eBay Germany.

Edit: Ordered one :D There are 2 sellers on eBay and one of them ships to Germany, the other one does not.

Which one ships to Germany?

Apr 13, 2024 at 7:36 AM Post #2,033 of 2,284
My pci-e cards arrived the other day so I've finally had time for some initial testing with the SS2590s in XD05 PRO. Despite the clear lack of practicality, I feel the SS2590s enhance the sound quite significantly. I've only spent 30 mins listening so have yet to draw firm conclusions. The stage width, depth and overall separation is improved over the SS3602s, and by quite a margin with Storm. Everything feels wider, deeper, taller, and more immersive.

Will I use the XD05 in this state very often? To be honest, no. It's easier to just plug into an external amp in my case, and I have several of those anyway. More to follow later.

Attachments

• XD05_SS2590_01.jpeg
    XD05_SS2590_01.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Apr 13, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #2,034 of 2,284
Do you put the feet on the leather?
I wouldn't and haven't, personally. It depends on your use case, of course, but I think the case is too nice to put feet on it. Also, it doesn't seem to require the (marginal) additional cooling feet would provide.

Apr 13, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #2,036 of 2,284
I've been doing a little more testing with alternative opamps. I have a pair of Sonic Imagery Labs 994Enh-Ticha opamps, which are either faulty or don't get on at all well with the XD05. There's a lot of background noise compared to any other opamp I've tried so I've ruled those out. I've been using the ESS DAC, mostly in Eco or Normal mode - I see no reason for Turbo with my IEMs.

Comparing the SS2590s and SS3602s is proving interesting. If I could find a way of fitting the SS2590s inside, I would. Both the Sparkos opamps have a similar overall signature - accurate, technically excellent, marginally warmer than neutral. The 2590s feel fuller and more expansive, presenting a more holographic sound stage. I've tried Storm, Loki and TSMR X, all of which appear to respond similarly. If you can tolerate the impracticality of having exposed opamps, and can also tolerate the additional expense, they're worth checking out.

I'm considering trying the Burson V7 Classics and Muzg Audio JFET dual opamps, but I'm pretty sure they won't be an improvement on the SS2590s. Different, perhaps, but I doubt they'll be ostensibly "better" for my needs and tastes.

Apr 13, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #2,038 of 2,284
I've been doing a little more testing with alternative opamps. I have a pair of Sonic Imagery Labs 994Enh-Ticha opamps, which are either faulty or don't get on at all well with the XD05. There's a lot of background noise compared to any other opamp I've tried so I've ruled those out. I've been using the ESS DAC, mostly in Eco or Normal mode - I see no reason for Turbo with my IEMs.

Comparing the SS2590s and SS3602s is proving interesting. If I could find a way of fitting the SS2590s inside, I would. Both the Sparkos opamps have a similar overall signature - accurate, technically excellent, marginally warmer than neutral. The 2590s feel fuller and more expansive, presenting a more holographic sound stage. I've tried Storm, Loki and TSMR X, all of which appear to respond similarly. If you can tolerate the impracticality of having exposed opamps, and can also tolerate the additional expense, they're worth checking out.

I'm considering trying the Burson V7 Classics and Muzg Audio JFET dual opamps, but I'm pretty sure they won't be an improvement on the SS2590s. Different, perhaps, but I doubt they'll be ostensibly "better" for my needs and tastes.
Please write your impressions and comparisons when you get V7C opamps, very interesting 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back