XDUoo XD05PRO
Apr 11, 2024 at 5:00 AM Post #2,011 of 2,280
This Ufeel opamp upgrade board buffer coming in soon ... Excited... Love those twitches to enhance the sound... recently also got Kojo Crystal EP grounding, it's really good ..more darker background..better details without changing the sound signature of your setups ... Highly recommend to those who love to enhance the sound of your setups.
Well, but how different is the Rocoon UFO to the Crystal Ep?

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:14 AM Post #2,012 of 2,280
Well, but how different is the Rocoon UFO to the Crystal Ep?
Rocoon UFO is comparable to Crystal EP...but no match if Crystal EP connected to a Crystal E-G ground box.
With Crystal E-G ground box, most obvious is the bass got more impact, with that kind of slam which is very satisfying. Also brings out more micro details. You don't have to very careful listen, it is a very obvious improvement.
After you heard what the grounding box can do to the sound, you don't want to listen without it anymore. 😅
maxresdefault (2).jpg

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #2,013 of 2,280
Rocoon UFO is comparable to Crystal EP...but no match if Crystal EP connected to a Crystal E-G ground box.
With Crystal E-G ground box, most obvious is the bass got more impact, with that kind of slam which is very satisfying. Also brings out more micro details. You don't have to very careful listen, it is a very obvious improvement.
After you heard what the grounding box can do to the sound, you don't want to listen without it anymore. 😅
Isn't that almost the effect of impedance adapters? Better not to go down the rabbithole. :sweat_smile:

Apr 11, 2024 at 8:20 AM Post #2,014 of 2,280
Isn't that almost the effect of impedance adapters? Better not to go down the rabbithole. :sweat_smile:
It's not impedance adaptor, which is just for very sensitive iems that hiss when used with a high powered devices.
This is a grounding which improves the sound quality by providing a darker background & bring out many micro details etc. I'm not that good in describing but I can say the difference is significant.
You got to try it to believe it. You can try with just the Crystal EP which is inexpensive & if you really like it, can then buy a grounding box for it. 🤗

Ps however, when using on my Sony WM1ZM2, the difference can be heard but very very minor (need very careful listening to pick up the difference). It might be Sony engineers had done a very good job in WM1ZM2 grounding.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #2,015 of 2,280
The changing of bigger capacitors still can close the door?
Got to get used to the volume readout being upside down. LOL

Maybe you can build legs out of chopsticks for it.

7b2ed8f8-a7b7-4704-8ec5-beb0dfc42417.jpg

Apr 11, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #2,016 of 2,280
Has anyone tried using the Bluetooth function with the LME op amps installed? I'm getting weird static/electrical frequency sounds only with the LME op amps when I activate Bluetooth. I don't get this with the OPA op amps or Sparkos op amps. I'm trying to figure out if I need to exchange my unit. I tried contacting my vendor, and they asked me if I wanted them to contact their Xduoo rep, and so I said yes.

A couple days later, I got a response from my vendor. The Xduoo rep said that they don't have any LME op amps available to test out (very weird, considering they're the company that makes it). The vendor then said an option is for me to return it to them (the vendor), so they (the vendor) can test it, but they said they don't know what that would achieve, because they don't have a reference to compare to it.

I would assume that the reference for comparison would be another XD05 Pro device that's in stock for A/B testing. I'm puzzled by the replies from both the Xduoo rep and vendor.

So at the moment, I would like to know if my device is specifically defective. If so, I would like to exchange it for a non-defective item.

I also made a previous post here about a noise floor that I detected from the XD05 Pro. Again, I don't know if this is universal with all XD05 Pro devices, or if it's just my specific device that has a noise floor when connected with an IEM. I tested it with both the Prestige LTD and Zero 2, and they both pick up the same noise floor. You can't really notice it if you're playing a song with consistent instrumentals, but you can notice it if you're playing more of a ballad with pauses in the vocals/instrumentals. The noise floor doesn't get any louder or quieter based on volume or gain setting. If you use Bluetooth, the noise floor is humming the whole time, so your ears will adjust to it as white noise, but if you're using a USB connection to link your IEM to the XD05 Pro, then the noise floor activates only after you press play on the audio, and then after you press pause on the audio, the noise floor will continue humming for about a second or two before it flicks out.

Is this the same experience with any transducer you try? I have a Little Bear B4-X valve amp and tried using that with different opamps - SS3602s, SS2590s, SIL 994s. I was using Storm, which I know very well indeed, I found the SIL 994s presented a very dark, bassy, almost muted sound in comparison to the Sparkos opamps. The 994s didn't do that with other transducers, e.g. Kinera Loki, but there was just a weird impedance mismatch with Storm.

Could you be experiencing similar with your XD05, SS3602s and particular transducer? If it's common across different IEMs / headphones, it sounds like you may have an issue with your SS3602s. Is there any option for you to try another set of SS3602s?

Tricky to troubleshoot and I'm sorry to read about all your frustrations.
Gah, I appreciate your help. Due to the other problems I'm having with my particular XD05 Pro, it's hard to isolate the source of the problem.
Yes - it's the xDuoo 05FS1. It seems hard to source, depending where you are. I'm not sure I'd pay $130 for a supply that's about the size of the XD05 PRO itself though. Plus the fan seems superfluous for my needs as I never feel the XD05 PRO is overheating, even after multiple hours. I have a 200W GaN charger that works great for the XD05 PRO and various other devices.
Do you ever use your XD05 PRo on Turbo mode? I find that my particular device heats up really fast if I listen on Turbo mode.

Apr 11, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #2,017 of 2,280
I did not use the stock opamps for long. I did notice how quiet the unit was. I was reading about hissing and was a bit apprehensive. To my surprise, it's totally quiet. The Turbo mode might as well be called oven mode because it does bump up the heat a few levels. Sorry, never tried bluetooth.

Apr 11, 2024 at 12:39 PM Post #2,018 of 2,280
Gah, I appreciate your help. Due to the other problems I'm having with my particular XD05 Pro, it's hard to isolate the source of the problem.

Do you ever use your XD05 PRo on Turbo mode? I find that my particular device heats up really fast if I listen on Turbo mode.
One more thought, and I don't know if you have the option. Have you tried running the line out into a separate amp? If might help determine whether your issues are associated with the opamp stage or DAC. The line out should bypass the opamp stage.

With regard to Turbo mode - I rarely use it. I typically listen to IEMs more than headphones, even at my desk. Most of my IEMs are relatively easy to drive, bar Storm. Even then, I'd just use Normal mode as I couldn't really hear a benefit with Turbo.

Apr 11, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #2,019 of 2,280
Has anyone tried using the Bluetooth function with the LME op amps installed? I'm getting weird static/electrical frequency sounds only with the LME op amps when I activate Bluetooth. I don't get this with the OPA op amps or Sparkos op amps. I'm trying to figure out if I need to exchange my unit. I tried contacting my vendor, and they asked me if I wanted them to contact their Xduoo rep, and so I said yes.

A couple days later, I got a response from my vendor. The Xduoo rep said that they don't have any LME op amps available to test out (very weird, considering they're the company that makes it). The vendor then said an option is for me to return it to them (the vendor), so they (the vendor) can test it, but they said they don't know what that would achieve, because they don't have a reference to compare to it.

I would assume that the reference for comparison would be another XD05 Pro device that's in stock for A/B testing. I'm puzzled by the replies from both the Xduoo rep and vendor.

So at the moment, I would like to know if my device is specifically defective. If so, I would like to exchange it for a non-defective item.

I also made a previous post here about a noise floor that I detected from the XD05 Pro. Again, I don't know if this is universal with all XD05 Pro devices, or if it's just my specific device that has a noise floor when connected with an IEM. I tested it with both the Prestige LTD and Zero 2, and they both pick up the same noise floor. You can't really notice it if you're playing a song with consistent instrumentals, but you can notice it if you're playing more of a ballad with pauses in the vocals/instrumentals. The noise floor doesn't get any louder or quieter based on volume or gain setting. If you use Bluetooth, the noise floor is humming the whole time, so your ears will adjust to it as white noise, but if you're using a USB connection to link your IEM to the XD05 Pro, then the noise floor activates only after you press play on the audio, and then after you press pause on the audio, the noise floor will continue humming for about a second or two before it flicks out.

I'm not sure. But I have used the Prestige LTD and no noise at all. Same with blutooth. All was silent with all op-amps. That's my experience

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:41 PM Post #2,020 of 2,280
On a different topic, I thought I'd try testing the XD05 PRO into a different external amp. I've just received a Sound Tiger Sinfonia from Utsusemi Works in Japan, which is fundamentally a power amp. It offers low / high gain, and that's it. Ideally, a variable line out would be the best option to feed into it but the LO is fixed from the XD05 PRO, so I have been testing using the 4.4 balanced output. This means I'm still using the SS3602 opamps in the signal chain, which I'd rather avoid if possible (I have an idea there).

I've only spent a little time with this today so my initial impressions are very much that. The amp seems to add a little more space to the stage, improving instrument separation *a bit*. Bass guitars and kick drums seem to be slightly more clearly defined, ditto higher frequencies. The overall tonality remains fairly consistent so I'd say the amp just adds a few % to the overall experience. I've enjoyed it so far and need to do more testing, but I think I'll likely find better use cases.

1712874866123.png

Apr 12, 2024 at 2:45 AM Post #2,021 of 2,280

Hi,
I am currently using LME operational amplifiers with bluetooth. A slight noise can be heard between start-pause only when I press it, the bluetooth receiver chip causes the noise, but it is not disturbing. I can hear it with all operational amplifiers. If you only hear the noise at the LME chip, why is your unit faulty? I don’t understand you! There is already a solution for the white noise, you have to replace the resistor on the oamp module. Look for the comment above. I will need also replace, I hear also white noise during the use sensitive iems.

Apr 12, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #2,023 of 2,280
When the battery is fully charged, is the led red or green? For me it will be red light when it is charged to 100%.
Mine flashes green / orange when charging and goes to solid orange when fully charged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back