XDUoo XD05PRO
Apr 7, 2024 at 8:55 PM Post #1,921 of 2,283
Tried many op-amps so far, this HA8802 beats all! 😍
If you listen mostly female vocals, you will love this with ROHM DAC.
IMG_20240318_140227.jpg

Apr 8, 2024 at 12:29 AM Post #1,922 of 2,283
I probably need to return it too, but in my country, unfortunately, nothing can be returned without numerous courts.
Xduoo support takes several months to respond.

p.s. This is what they just answered

Hi,
If you use high-sensitivity in-ear earplugs, there is a slight white noise, which is normal, because XD05PRO has high output power, its minimum gain (ECO), and also has 12DB (unbalanced) / 16DB (balanced) output.
If you only drive high-sensitivity in-ear earplugs and do not need so much outpower, you can reduce the gain of amplifier, that is, by changing several resistance values on the ear amplifier card, you can reduce the noise, as follows:
Change 2KΩ to 1KΩ value
What a good option.
If Xduoo can sell this "iem version" circuit board, I think many iem users will buy it.

Apr 8, 2024 at 1:24 AM Post #1,923 of 2,283

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240408_082027_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20240408_082027_AliExpress.jpg
    543.4 KB · Views: 0
Apr 8, 2024 at 1:33 AM Post #1,924 of 2,283
Hello,
I am running my XD05 Pro with Bursons v5i-d opamps and Rohm dac, eco(green) and normal(blue) gain, power ifi ipower X 12V.
Music source ibasso dx170 connected with ddhifi usb-c cable.
About the noise with iems, Campfire Ara(3.5mm) and Andromeda Emerald Sea(4.4mm), both have noise between tracks and when pausing the music.
Sennheiser ie600 , no noise, connected to xd05 on 4.4mm, with stock cable.

Apr 8, 2024 at 1:38 AM Post #1,925 of 2,283
What a good option.
If Xduoo can sell this "iem version" circuit board, I think many iem users will buy it.
There is no issues with Xduoo XD05 Pro so far, why is there a need to sell "iem version" of the opamp board? Running all my iems (check my signature for the iems I'm using) in eco mode have no noise or whatever, very silent.
The problem does not exists in the first place, Xduoo XD05 Pro is not like some amps which is designed for headphones and not suitable for iems. XD05 Pro have a eco mode which is meant for iems.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 1:47 AM Post #1,926 of 2,283
I think Muses03 will work with no problem with XD05PRO, you just have to buy 4pcs of these Muses03 single opamps and two mono to dual dip8 adapters :)

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJKoNg3
Good point. I was just thinking about using two, hadn't occurred to me to install four (doh!). Would they fit inside with the dual DIP8 adapter?

Apr 8, 2024 at 2:04 AM Post #1,927 of 2,283
There is no issues with Xduoo XD05 Pro so far, why is there a need to sell "iem version" of the opamp board? Running all my iems (check my signature for the iems I'm using) in eco mode have no noise or whatever, very silent.
The problem does not exists in the first place, Xduoo XD05 Pro is not like some amps which is designed for headphones and not suitable for iems. XD05 Pro have a eco mode which is meant for iems.
Or yours is already with reduced gain, so you don't hear any noise.
“ There is a slight white noise, which is normal, because XD05PRO has high output power, its minimum gain (ECO) also has 12dB (unbalanced) / 16dB (balanced) output.”
12dB in ECO mode is a very high value. Yours may also be close to 0-5dB, but you don't know about it.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 2:16 AM Post #1,928 of 2,283
Good point. I was just thinking about using two, hadn't occurred to me to install four (doh!). Would they fit inside with the dual DIP8 adapter?
4 pcs Muses03 with adapter won't fit inside XD05PRO, you have to additionaly buy "mini pci-e board riser" to make fit them from outside of XD05PRO.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EzMnKjN

Attachments

• Messenger_creation_e3b42c0e-ddf6-41a8-ac23-04dbc1d3f448.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_e3b42c0e-ddf6-41a8-ac23-04dbc1d3f448.jpeg
    241 KB · Views: 0
Apr 8, 2024 at 3:42 AM Post #1,929 of 2,283
4 pcs Muses03 with adapter won't fit inside XD05PRO, you have to additionaly buy "mini pci-e board riser" to make fit them from outside of XD05PRO.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EzMnKjN
Thank you. I'm awaiting delivery of a couple of the pci-e boards, hopefully within the next 1-2 weeks. There are other opamps I'd like to try before the Muses03 though, e.g. V7 Classics, Muzg Audio JFET opamps.

Apr 8, 2024 at 3:43 AM Post #1,930 of 2,283
I was at CanJam Singapore on Saturday. Half the time was spent catching up with friends and trying each other's gear, the stuff that wasn't bolted down at home.

I lugged the XD05 Pro with Sparkos opamps with me to test the Symphonium Strom and Elysian Annihilator that day. During the downtime. A friend whipped out the Hifiman HE-R10. The only thing more difficult than not laughing at it when it's on someone's head is driving it. He bought an A&K Kann Ultra for this purpose.

I stuck it into the XD05 tethered to my iphone and holy cow. It was amazing. The soundstage, the tonality, bass slam, vocals were crisp and rich. The dynamics were akin to a well tuned speaker system. It was nothing short of awesome. All these before putting it into Class A mode.

Wait. The story is only halfway through.

Then the HE-R10 was plugged into the Kann Ultra. Wow. It was flat. Lifeless. There were no dynamics. It was shockingly bad. Two other people were present and tested this setup. Eyes bulged, jaws sagged, diplomacy was needed. That is an Astel & Kern DAP designed and sold as portable power. I don't know if the XD05 is that good, or the Kann Ultra is that bad. I use it with IEMs and it sounds great all the time, it appears fussy headphones will sound even better. If you already own it. Two thumbs up. If you are on the fence. Now you know.

That's my 2 cents.

Apr 8, 2024 at 3:45 AM Post #1,931 of 2,283
Lesser known op-amps from China. Not cheap also but I believe it's very high quality.
I'm using HA8802 op-amps also from China & it's sounds really good! Even better than Burson V5iD!
tb_image_share_1711193703736.jpg.png

Apr 8, 2024 at 3:46 AM Post #1,932 of 2,283
I was at CanJam Singapore on Saturday. Half the time was spent catching up with friends and trying each other's gear, the stuff that wasn't bolted down at home.

I lugged the XD05 Pro with Sparkos opamps with me to test the Symphonium Strom and Elysian Annihilator that day. During the downtime. A friend whipped out the Hifiman HE-R10. The only thing more difficult than not laughing at it when it's on someone's head is driving it. He bought an A&K Kann Ultra for this purpose.

I stuck it into the XD05 tethered to my iphone and holy cow. It was amazing. The soundstage, the tonality, bass slam, vocals were crisp and rich. The dynamics were akin to a well tuned speaker system. It was nothing short of awesome. All these before putting it into Class A mode.

Wait. The story is only halfway through.

Then the HE-R10 was plugged into the Kann Ultra. Wow. It was flat. Lifeless. There were no dynamics. It was shockingly bad. Two other people were present and tested this setup. Eyes bulged, jaws sagged, diplomacy was needed. That is an Astel & Kern DAP designed and sold as portable power. I don't know if the XD05 is that good, or the Kann Ultra is that bad. I use it with IEMs and it sounds great all the time, it appears fussy headphones will sound even better. If you already own it. Two thumbs up. If you are on the fence. Now you know.

That's my 2 cents.
Bro, Xduoo XD05 Pro is really good 😊

Apr 8, 2024 at 3:50 AM Post #1,933 of 2,283
Bro, Xduoo XD05 Pro is really good 😊
Agreed. Especially for the price. I just didn't know how good it was until Saturday. Now it's made a whole bunch of stuff on my desk obsolete.

Apr 8, 2024 at 3:54 AM Post #1,934 of 2,283
Agreed. Especially for the price. I just didn't know how good it was until Saturday. Now it's made a whole bunch of stuff on my desk obsolete.
Agreed totally, even running Bluetooth mode using my Android phone the XD05 Pro sounds damn good.
It's comparable with TOTL DAPs imo.
What DAC module are you using & op-amps configurations?

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 4:01 AM Post #1,935 of 2,283
Agreed totally, even running Bluetooth mode using my Android phone the XD05 Pro sounds damn good.
It's comparable with TOTL DAPs imo.
What DAC module are you using & op-amps configurations?
I just got it recently. ESS dac and Sparkos 3602. I am going to order the AKM dac next. I have good feels about it. :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back