XDUoo XD05PRO
Apr 7, 2024 at 2:41 AM Post #1,907 of 2,207
I found what I think is my best setup so far for the XD-05 pro. I used the ESS DAC module, and the Burson V7 Classic op amps. I then connected the XD-05 Pro to the Xduoo TA-20 plus tube amp with a 4.4 balanced connection (I have yet to try XLR's for now). I had swapped out two of the tubes to the TA-20 plus with Apos Ray 12AU7 vacuum tubes. I then plugged my Hifiman HE1000V2 headphones into the tube amp, and viola. What a great combo. There is just the right amount of detail and warmth. I tried the XD-05 pro first with just the Burson's and the sound was fantastic, but when I added the amp to the mix, the sound was substantially warmer (or deeper). Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California.

Apr 7, 2024 at 4:11 AM Post #1,908 of 2,207
I found what I think is my best setup so far for the XD-05 pro. I used the ESS DAC module, and the Burson V7 Classic op amps. I then connected the XD-05 Pro to the Xduoo TA-20 plus tube amp with a 4.4 balanced connection (I have yet to try XLR's for now). I had swapped out two of the tubes to the TA-20 plus with Apos Ray 12AU7 vacuum tubes. I then plugged my Hifiman HE1000V2 headphones into the tube amp, and viola. What a great combo. There is just the right amount of detail and warmth. I tried the XD-05 pro first with just the Burson's and the sound was fantastic, but when I added the amp to the mix, the sound was substantially warmer (or deeper). Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California.
Thanks, Mike, that sounds a great combo. If you're using the 4.4 line out from the XD05 PRO, aren't you effectively bypassing the opamp stage and just using the DAC? I assume the choice of opamps wouldn't make any difference in that situation, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Apr 7, 2024 at 4:13 AM Post #1,909 of 2,207
Mine is very noisy on balanced output. When the usb control led turns green and then red, I can hear the noise as it goes away and comes on. :/ It sucks.
Very sorry to hear that. As others have said, it sounds like you really need to return your unit, if that's possible. I think we've all run out of alternative suggestions.

Apr 7, 2024 at 4:17 AM Post #1,910 of 2,207
Thanks, Mike, that sounds a great combo. If you're using the 4.4 line out from the XD05 PRO, aren't you effectively bypassing the opamp stage and just using the DAC? I assume the choice of opamps wouldn't make any difference in that situation, but perhaps I'm wrong.
You may be right. I'll check that out. Maybe I need to connect the 4.4 mm to the headphone connection. Will check it an see.

Apr 7, 2024 at 5:02 AM Post #1,912 of 2,207
谢谢,迈克,这听起来是一个很棒的组合。如果您使用 XD05 PRO 的 4.4 线路输出,您是否会有效地绕过运算放大器级而仅使用 DAC?我认为运算放大器的选择在这种情况下不会产生任何影响,但也许我错了。
如果通过背面的4.4接口,使用4.4转XLR连接线连接TA20 Plus,那么XD05 Pro就只是DAC工作。

Apr 7, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #1,913 of 2,207
Very sorry to hear that. As others have said, it sounds like you really need to return your unit, if that's possible. I think we've all run out of alternative suggestions.
I probably need to return it too, but in my country, unfortunately, nothing can be returned without numerous courts.
Xduoo support takes several months to respond.

p.s. This is what they just answered

Hi,
If you use high-sensitivity in-ear earplugs, there is a slight white noise, which is normal, because XD05PRO has high output power, its minimum gain (ECO), and also has 12DB (unbalanced) / 16DB (balanced) output.
If you only drive high-sensitivity in-ear earplugs and do not need so much outpower, you can reduce the gain of amplifier, that is, by changing several resistance values on the ear amplifier card, you can reduce the noise, as follows:
Change 2KΩ to 1KΩ value

Attachments

• temp4cj.png
    temp4cj.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #1,914 of 2,207
I still think it’s his IEMs and not the unit itself, but I could be wrong. Hard to say without seeing or hearing in person what someone else is going through.

Apr 7, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #1,915 of 2,207
I still think it’s his IEMs and not the unit itself, but I could be wrong. Hard to say without seeing or hearing in person what someone else is going through.
What do you mean by this? Of course, the sound is emitted by the iems from the applied voltage.
Personally, I’m not going to modify it, because I think the problem is not in sensitive iems (it’s difficult to call Sony z5 sensitive).
I don't hear a difference in noise when switching gain levels, unlike these guys
https://soundnews.net/reviews/sources/dacs/xduoo-xd05-pro-review-badassery-on-the-go/

p.s. Yes, it's annoying at times, but it's actually quite quiet with 115 mw/db 32 ohms. It cost me only 450 euros (at the exchange rate), and I still consider it a very good purchase.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 3:25 PM Post #1,916 of 2,207
Today I finally got a chance to try a pair of my old Burson V6V dual opamps in XD05PRO via mini pci-e opamp board adapter. I have been using V5i-D inside my XD05PRO all the time. V6V added more clarity, refinement in details and more resolution, but these improvements were not so big, I would say V6V sounded 20-30% better compared to V5i-D. It was a fun to try these anyway :)

I'm very happy with my XD05PRO, as it has so many different sound profiles in one device and because of that I finally stopped looking for expensive DAPs and DAC/AMPs each year over and over. That really helped me to save a lot of money :) At the moment I have all three DAC cards and I plan to try some different top class op-amps (Sparkos SS2590, Muses03, Burson V7) in the future :) XD05PRO is real audiophile's LEGO :)

Attachments

• 20240407_184512.jpg
    20240407_184512.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240407_184545.jpg
    20240407_184545.jpg
    847.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240407_193738.jpg
    20240407_193738.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240407_193716.jpg
    20240407_193716.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Apr 7, 2024 at 3:44 PM Post #1,918 of 2,207
Today I finally got a chance to try a pair of my old Burson V6V dual opamps in XD05PRO via mini pci-e opamp board adapter. I have been using V5i-D inside my XD05PRO all the time. V6V added more clarity, refinement in details and more resolution, but these improvements were not so big, I would say V6V sounded 20-30% better compared to V5i-D. It was a fun to try these anyway :)

I'm very happy with my XD05PRO, as it has so many different sound profiles in one device and because of that I finally stopped looking for expensive DAPs and DAC/AMPs each year over and over. That really helped me to save a lot of money :) At the moment I have all three DAC cards and I plan to try some different top class op-amps (Sparkos SS2590, Muses03, Burson V7) in the future :) XD05PRO is real audiophile's LEGO :)
Very interesting to read your impressions of the V6 Vivids - thank you. I wasn't a massive fan of those opamps compared to the V6 Classics, SIL 994s, SS2590s and even SS3602s. As you say, it's fun to try different options to see what suits your tastes and library.

One comment on the Muses03 - that is a single circuit opamp, not dual, so won't work in the XD05 PRO. I tried that with my old XD05 BAL and discovered the hard way as that also required dual opamps! I find the Muses02 a bit brighter than neutral so it doesn't really suit my tastes / IEMs / library. The others I mentioned are superior, imho.

Apr 7, 2024 at 6:41 PM Post #1,919 of 2,207
You may be right. I'll check that out. Maybe I need to connect the 4.4 mm to the headphone con
You were right about the opamps. I connected the XD-05 pro from the headphone jack, not the line out jack, to the amp, and it improved the sound even further. Thank you for the heads up. Mike Gutierrez

Users who are viewing this thread

Back