XDUoo XD05PRO
Apr 6, 2024 at 8:49 AM Post #1,891 of 2,281
the XD05 pro comes without a powersupply, right? Is there a good and not too expensive suggestion for a good powersupply?
I think recently Xduoo released a 12V cooling pad for Xduoo XD05 Pro, think got come with 12V supply to power XD05 Pro.

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #1,892 of 2,281
Hi,

first of all, when you check the noise floor, the usb control led should light up green, then turn the volume knob to 0 and listen. If there's no noise, you're a lucky. I hear the noise with an ikko oh10, which is 18 ohms. The noise of the ikko oh2 is less audible since it is 32ohm. I think this is caused by the power capacitors, they are of poor quality.
I have tried that, yet again, and can hear nothing whatsoever in terms of noise. I've tried both USB and Toslink inputs, powered and on battery. I've used ThieAudio V16 as my reference IEM - 112dB sensitivity, 18ohm impedance. I have Sparkos SS3602s installed, ESS DAC at present (awaiting an AKM module). In Eco mode with music playing, there's nothing audible, but I can still hear music in Normal or Turbo modes when the volume is on 0. I've tried dialling the volume all the way to 99 in both modes and can still hear no background noise. I acknowledge my hearing isn't as sensitive as some here, so I'm not sure what to suggest to resolve your issues.

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #1,893 of 2,281
I think recently Xduoo released a 12V cooling pad for Xduoo XD05 Pro, think got come with 12V supply to power XD05 Pro.
Yes - it's the xDuoo 05FS1. It seems hard to source, depending where you are. I'm not sure I'd pay $130 for a supply that's about the size of the XD05 PRO itself though. Plus the fan seems superfluous for my needs as I never feel the XD05 PRO is overheating, even after multiple hours. I have a 200W GaN charger that works great for the XD05 PRO and various other devices.

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:21 AM Post #1,894 of 2,281
just swapped the stock OP amp with burson V5i-D. My AKM module is under delivery process, Even though this v5i-d makes big sound improvements. OMG, everyone should try if you are on stock opamp. what would be the next one I should try? Burson V6? Spakrkos ss3602?
The SS3602s are the next step up from the V5iDs, imho. I have both and have kept the SS3602s installed. Anything larger won't fit within the case, although I'm keen to try the Burson V7 Classics at some point once I have a suitable mounting option.

Apr 6, 2024 at 10:31 AM Post #1,895 of 2,281
I have tried that, yet again, and can hear nothing whatsoever in terms of noise. I've tried both USB and Toslink inputs, powered and on battery. I've used ThieAudio V16 as my reference IEM - 112dB sensitivity, 18ohm impedance. I have Sparkos SS3602s installed, ESS DAC at present (awaiting an AKM module). In Eco mode with music playing, there's nothing audible, but I can still hear music in Normal or Turbo modes when the volume is on 0. I've tried dialling the volume all the way to 99 in both modes and can still hear no background noise. I acknowledge my hearing isn't as sensitive as some here, so I'm not sure what to suggest to resolve your issues.
You tested it on a balanced output?

Apr 6, 2024 at 1:14 PM Post #1,896 of 2,281
Of course. All my IEMs have balanced 4.4 connectors so I tend to stick with those unless the amp is SE only (I have a few of those).

Apr 6, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #1,899 of 2,281
Hi,

first of all, when you check the noise floor, the usb control led should light up green, then turn the volume knob to 0 and listen. If there's no noise, you're a lucky. I hear the noise with an ikko oh10, which is 18 ohms. The noise of the ikko oh2 is less audible since it is 32ohm. I think this is caused by the power capacitors, they are of poor quality.
No offense but my honest suggestion - buy better IEMs/Headphones and not these poor Chinese ones (at least get a high-end Thieaudio like Mk3 or Prestige). You are spending €700 on a DAC and using €150 IEMs. Of course you will hear hissing. This should be the other way around. Buy a good pair of IEMs and even a cheap €10 Apple Dongle will suffice as a DAC.

As for your suggestion, I told you I use many of my headphones with the XD05Pro and I have no hissing whatsoever.

Apr 6, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #1,901 of 2,281
There is an easy way to determine if there is no hiss or if you just can't hear it.
"Spectroid" application for android. Just place your iems on the microphone. These are my results with 12ohm 115 db/mw, no sound, bluetooth (paired, amp is always on) and coaxial (amp off) inputs
p.s. <1500hz are PC fans

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240406_224439_Spectroid.jpg
    Screenshot_20240406_224439_Spectroid.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240406_224507_Spectroid.jpg
    Screenshot_20240406_224507_Spectroid.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 8:25 PM Post #1,902 of 2,281
I to hear music on 0 with the Prestige LTD on normal and turbo mode, dead silent on Eco. But yes, no hiss or noise on any modes. Dead silent. If anyone is having noise issues, it's either the iem or the unit. Nothing else. Best possible option is to message the seller or Xduoo and try to get a new XD05 Pro

Apr 6, 2024 at 8:29 PM Post #1,903 of 2,281
If you have noise. It's your unit. Best possible thing to do is try to return your unit or swap it for another dac/amp unfortunately. Unit variance is common and sometimes some people get a unit that is faulty or not 100%. You could keep on testing, and we can try helping. But only so much we can do, my XD05 is dead silent and others are dead silent to. Not sure what we can do to help :/

Apr 6, 2024 at 8:45 PM Post #1,904 of 2,281
Did some testing of the Mojo 2 and XD05 Pro today. Everything I mentioned remains the same. XD05 pro stock ESS and op amps is still the better dac/amp. But the Mojo 2 is more laidback, smoother and has a more fluid feel to it. Nothing jumps out at you and overall is a more relaxed listen. Tones of instruments have a slightly deeper and lusher sound. So bass guitars, drums, male vocals have a more deeper and warmer sound to them. But the XD05 Pro is way ahead when it comes to staging, imaging, separation, dynamics, speed, clarity, detail, it's a more engaging and fun listen. With the Sparkos installed. It gains that richer timbre and tone. Bass guitars have grunt, male vocals have power and then everything else is overall improved. Mojo 2 only wins in portability and price as it can be had for $799 AUD vs $1319 of the XD05 Pro. Then XD05 Pro + Sparkos price jumps to $1562 AUD. Nearly double the price of the Mojo 2. Considering if you want sound quality alone and don't need blutooth and other features. The Mojo 2 vs XD05 Pro + Sparkos...... The Mojo 2 is pretty good value. It doesn't get you the sound quality of the XD05 Pro with Sparkos. But for something portable, small, it does give big sound and honestly, I could see myself using the Mojo 2 more in portable use. But if you want something that yes you could use as portable device, but also at home or when traveling and need to take with you to a hotel, or even camping and sit back and relax somewhere and enjoy great desktop class sound out and about. The XD05 Pro is amazing. It's large, basically a brick. But this brick sounds great. If anyone is considering to purchase a XD05 Pro but have a Mojo 2. Don't sell the Mojo 2 to fund for the XD05 Pro. Keep the Mojo 2 for portability. It's portable endgame. But the XD05 Pro is the special army knife

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 11:19 PM Post #1,905 of 2,281
There is an easy way to determine if there is no hiss or if you just can't hear it.
"Spectroid" application for android. Just place your iems on the microphone. These are my results with 12ohm 115 db/mw, no sound, bluetooth (paired, amp is always on) and coaxial (amp off) inputs
p.s. <1500hz are PC fans
I will try in the next few days. Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back