XDUoo XD05PRO
Apr 5, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #1,876 of 2,207
Hi,
I managed to research the noise issue. Anyone with a similar noise floor should replace it with higher-quality operational amplifiers. Today I bought a dip8 operational amplifier (opa2134) and the output socket was much noisier. you need an amplifier that suppresses circuit noise better. Can anyone recommend it? for example opo7?

Apr 5, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #1,877 of 2,207
XD-05 pro on big foot (inspired by Tharbamar video)

Attachments

• IMG_3442.jpeg
    IMG_3442.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Apr 5, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #1,878 of 2,207
Hi,
I managed to research the noise issue. Anyone with a similar noise floor should replace it with higher-quality operational amplifiers. Today I bought a dip8 operational amplifier (opa2134) and the output socket was much noisier. you need an amplifier that suppresses circuit noise better. Can anyone recommend it? for example opo7?
The stock OPA1612s have the lowest noise floor on paper. I don’t think you’ll find another with less noise floor.
What IEM/Headphone are you using that is causing the noise ? That could be the problem. I have tried several of my IEMs and headphones with the XD05Pro and it’s quiet, no noise at all.

Apr 5, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #1,879 of 2,207
The stock OPA1612s have the lowest noise floor on paper. I don’t think you’ll find another with less noise floor.
What IEM/Headphone are you using that is causing the noise ? That could be the problem. I have tried several of my IEMs and headphones with the XD05Pro and it’s quiet, no noise at all.
I have no problems with my gear except the Mentors ( sensitive IEMs). I get waterfall hissing even on lowest gain so I don’t like to use them with the 05 Pro.

Learning that the stock opamps are the best regarding noise I will probably cancel the opamp rolling project and just wait for the R2R DAC as an upgrade.

Apr 5, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #1,880 of 2,207
I have no problems with my gear except the Mentors ( sensitive IEMs). I get waterfall hissing even on lowest gain so I don’t like to use them with the 05 Pro.

Learning that the stock opamps are the best regarding noise I will probably cancel the opamp rolling project and just wait for the R2R DAC as an upgrade.
Sparkos is also very quiet, you won’t regret if you get it. The only noisy op-amps I’ve had so far are the Bursons.

Apr 5, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #1,882 of 2,207
Apr 5, 2024 at 11:20 PM Post #1,884 of 2,207
For example this:https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/opa/opa1622-dual-opa-dip8-unit-p-12489.html

Reduces the noise of the power supply. There are resistors on the circuit, which reduces the noise typical of desktop amplifiers.
Otherwise, these noises in the xd05pro can be caused by low-quality power supply capacitors.

Apr 6, 2024 at 3:40 AM Post #1,885 of 2,207
Hi,

first of all, when you check the noise floor, the usb control led should light up green, then turn the volume knob to 0 and listen. If there's no noise, you're a lucky. I hear the noise with an ikko oh10, which is 18 ohms. The noise of the ikko oh2 is less audible since it is 32ohm. I think this is caused by the power capacitors, they are of poor quality.

Apr 6, 2024 at 5:35 AM Post #1,888 of 2,207
Apr 6, 2024 at 7:20 AM Post #1,889 of 2,207
just swapped the stock OP amp with burson V5i-D. My AKM module is under delivery process, Even though this v5i-d makes big sound improvements. OMG, everyone should try if you are on stock opamp. what would be the next one I should try? Burson V6? Spakrkos ss3602?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back