XDUoo XD05PRO
Mar 18, 2024 at 3:58 AM Post #1,606 of 2,155
I'm running my Xduoo XD05 Pro with ROHM DAC & MUSES02, enjoying it very much! 😍
IMG_20240318_155743.jpg

Mar 18, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #1,608 of 2,155
Does xDuoo ever release firmware updates? I'm just wondering after some of the issues reported in this thread. Fiio seems to regularly release firmware updates, but I have less experience with xDuoo.

Mar 18, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #1,609 of 2,155
Okay so APOS replaced my unit, I was the one having issues with the unit powering up on Battery. It just stopped working after I changed the opamps to Sparkos and changed the DAC. It took about 3 weeks before it stopped working. New unit was here, replaced DAC and SPARKOS everything worked for about a month. Now the front volume screen stopped working. When it boots it shows garbled letters, then it just disappears when you turn up/down the volume. I tried reseating the display cable for it, but nogo. Everything else works fine. I am contacting Xduoo this time since it was pretty easy to get to the front screen and even replace it. Hoping they can send me a new one. I freaking love this amp but man! The issues!

Mar 18, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #1,613 of 2,155
It is a question of:
phenom-power-631.jpg

Anyone had an issue where the XD05 Pro will only operate in Eco (Low Gain) Mode? I switched to the AKM Chipset and also changed Sparkos Dual Discrete Op Amp SS3602 (I had no fitment issues at all, they dropped right in and the PCB slid in perfectly, I compared the height and pins to the Stock OP Amps and every matched up even to my eyes) and now I can't get the power mode to change out of Eco......now I will say that at 49 on the volume dial I am able to power my DCA E3 very well to my ears so it might not be an issue as far as listening is concerned. Am I missing something here that once you swap out the OEM Op Amps you can no longer change power output settings? TIA

Additional info:
I am running off of DC power from an ifi Power Elite 12V 4A PS. @nioh I see you have the Sparkos installed to, any issues like mine above?

Solved but adding this here in the case anyone else does the same thing I did by mistake:

Are you by chance on "Charge" mode ? In "Charge" it always stays in ECO. In "Battery" and "Ext" modes you should be able to change to higher gains.
You my friend are a genius, I bumped the switch when plugging every thing back in! Now I am at 40 on the volume dial with a very similar output, thank you. FWIW sonically I don't notice a difference between Eco 49 and Turbo 40.....

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #1,615 of 2,155
It is a question of:

Anyone had an issue where the XD05 Pro will only operate in Eco (Low Gain) Mode? I switched to the AKM Chipset and also changed Sparkos Dual Discrete Op Amp SS3602 (I had no fitment issues at all, they dropped right in and the PCB slid in perfectly, I compared the height and pins to the Stock OP Amps and every matched up even to my eyes) and now I can't get the power mode to change out of Eco......now I will say that at 49 on the volume dial I am able to power my DCA E3 very well to my ears so it might not be an issue as far as listening is concerned. Am I missing something here that once you swap out the OEM Op Amps you can no longer change power output settings? TIA

Additional info:
I am running off of DC power from an ifi Power Elite 12V 4A PS.
Are you by chance on "Charge" mode ? In "Charge" it always stays in ECO. In "Battery" and "Ext" modes you should be able to change to higher gains.

Mar 18, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #1,616 of 2,155
You my friend are a genius, I bumped the switch when plugging every thing back in! Now I am at 40 on the volume dial with a very similar output, thank you. FWIW sonically I don't notice a difference between Eco 49 and Turbo 40.....

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 6:09 PM Post #1,617 of 2,155
Glad to know it ain't another issue lol. You're welcome :)
If you don't hear a difference sonically except volume then better to stay at Eco/Normal. Less heat, less problems. I use mine at Normal always.

Mar 18, 2024 at 10:49 PM Post #1,619 of 2,155
So many quality issues reported.:slight_frown: wondering if I should get one:thinking:.
I'm using mine with ROHM DAC card and MUSES02 opamps. Sounds very good comparable to TOTL DAP in sound quality. It had no issues at all.

Mar 19, 2024 at 7:25 AM Post #1,620 of 2,155
Hey Guys,

I may change my RME ADI-2 DAC FS for a XD05 Pro, because I want something more portable. Did anyone had the chance to compare those two soundwise?

And does someone use the XD05 Pro with an Meze Elite?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back