XDUoo XD05PRO
Jan 4, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #1,231 of 2,347
If you don’t want to mess around with the op-amp board, make sure to buy 2 DIP-8 risers as well. This way the Sparkos will fit in without any modifications. I have them in my XD05Pro, sounds amazing with a clean background.
As I understand "Sparkos SS3602" is the best OP-AMP option for XD05PRO at the moment? I use Burson V5i-D atm. Is there going to be a noticeable gain in SQ if I decide to upgrade with SS3602? 🤔

Jan 5, 2024 at 3:10 AM Post #1,233 of 2,347
Need advice, if i have to choose 2 option :
1. Xduoo ess + sparkos x2 3602, or
2. Xduoo ess + AKM dac.

Which one is the best in term of SQ?
I not one to leave you in limbo although it depends by what you mean by 'best in term of SQ'? It all comes down to preference. As a general rule the Akm Dac is smooth, it falls somewhere between the ESS and the Rohm variants in this regard. The Sparkos is a refined version of the ESS with a much larger soundstage and blacker background. The consensus here is that the Sparkos is a very good choice overall. Hope this helps.

Jan 5, 2024 at 3:57 AM Post #1,234 of 2,347
As I understand "Sparkos SS3602" is the best OP-AMP option for XD05PRO at the moment? I use Burson V5i-D atm. Is there going to be a noticeable gain in SQ if I decide to upgrade with SS3602? 🤔
To me, yes and I have both. Sparkos is far better than the Bursons. They have a much darker background, no hiss even with sensitive iems and they are louder too, if that matters.

I haven’t changed anything since I switched to ESS + Sparkos, sounds perfect to me.

Jan 5, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #1,235 of 2,347
Need advice, if i have to choose 2 option :
1. Xduoo ess + sparkos x2 3602, or
2. Xduoo ess + AKM dac.

Which one is the best in term of SQ?
Selamat malam

You do realise you are comparing solution 1 which is an DAC card + OpAmps to solution 2 which is 2 DAC cards? You can't put 2 different DAC cards at the same time into the amp.

Jan 5, 2024 at 12:39 PM Post #1,236 of 2,347
Selamat malam

You do realise you are comparing solution 1 which is an DAC card + OpAmps to solution 2 which is 2 DAC cards? You can't put 2 different DAC cards at the same time into the amp.

Sry i mean i have fix budget between opt 1 the budget to buy akm i relocate that for buy 2x sparkos opamp , and option 2 that i should change my ess dac to akm + default opamp..

Jan 5, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #1,238 of 2,347
My evening bed easy listening portable setup 😄 4.4 line in/out working perfectly 👌

Attachments

• received_1075363166815009.jpeg
    received_1075363166815009.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 0
Jan 5, 2024 at 7:26 PM Post #1,241 of 2,347

I replaced the capacitors on the op amp board to a shorter model. Specifically, I replaced the original Panasonic 16SEPC100MW with 16SEPC100M. They have the same capacitance and voltage specs but different ESRs. I thought maybe it's no big deal. The obvious advantage is excellent clearance for discrete op amps like the Sparkos. I can't tell if there is any difference in terms of sound. Now it's possible to try even bigger op amps, such as the SA200 from

the difference in ESR may change a lot or there may be no difference

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 9:51 PM Post #1,242 of 2,347
Hey people I was reading about the unit shutting down when connected to Susvara. Is this an actual power delivery issue or something that can be rectified via a firmware upgrade?

Jan 5, 2024 at 11:18 PM Post #1,243 of 2,347
do these power Modhouse Tungstens? If so to what degree? Would it unlock it's full potential?

Maybe I'll wait for the 2nd iteration of this device or if Xduoo creates something new. (I'm sure they will eventually)
I am also hoping to get a pair of Tungstens once the massive of influx of orders calms down .

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 11:59 PM Post #1,244 of 2,347
Hey people I was reading about the unit shutting down when connected to Susvara. Is this an actual power delivery issue or something that can be rectified via a firmware upgrade?
I don't there ever has been a firmware update or a plan for one?

Jan 6, 2024 at 4:14 AM Post #1,245 of 2,347
do these power Modhouse Tungstens? If so to what degree? Would it unlock it's full potential?

Maybe I'll wait for the 2nd iteration of this device or if Xduoo creates something new. (I'm sure they will eventually)
I am also hoping to get a pair of Tungstens once the massive of influx of orders calms down .
According to Zeos, whatever weight one puts on his 'reviews', if you can call them that. He had a previous revision of the Tungsten and he had the dial on the XD05 to 97%. He said it drive them fine. The newer and final revision of the phone is more efficient so it would drive them in theory better, how much headroom is left is unknown at this stage. I am in the same boat as you regards this phone although am slowly losing interest as time goes by with all this power amp talk to drive them. This is the first time one is forced to also buy an amp to run them. If you're waiting for the second iteration to come from Xudoo then grab a very comfortable chair and prepare for a lonnnnng wait.

EDIT: I have to add that if you intend to use an external power supply to run the Xudoo as some people here are doing then purchase something else. Get a desktop amp with all the power you want. The idea of buying the xudoo XD05 Pro then adding an external supply defeats the idea of it being portable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back