XDUoo XD05PRO
Dec 6, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #1,156 of 2,347
I took the plunge today and ordered it. Can you suggest an affordable power supply for the XDuoo? Preferable available through Amazon? Thanks!

Dec 8, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #1,157 of 2,347
Answering myself 🥹

I took the easy way after reading through the thread and bought this power supply, delivering 12v with a usb-c connector and checked with this little device.

When I shut the XD05 PRO down on high gain / turbo mode / red light in EXT mode and switch it back on later, it starts exactly like I left it (red lights etc..). So, it seems to work. I haven't checked if I can hear a difference between battery and wall plug powered mode.

But the power this little box delivers & sound quality is truly outstanding! Money well spent!

Dec 8, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #1,158 of 2,347
Answering myself 🥹

I took the easy way after reading through the thread and bought this power supply, delivering 12v with a usb-c connector and checked with this little device.

When I shut the XD05 PRO down on high gain / turbo mode / red light in EXT mode and switch it back on later, it starts exactly like I left it (red lights etc..). So, it seems to work. I haven't checked if I can hear a difference between battery and wall plug powered mode.

But the power this little box delivers & sound quality is truly outstanding! Money well spent!

I have it too, and it works.
Lately I've been using an even cheaper one.

Dec 8, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #1,159 of 2,347
My latest experiment.

Attachments

• E.jpg
    E.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 0
  • D.jpg
    D.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 0
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 0
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 0
Dec 8, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #1,161 of 2,347
Handsome.
I'm making another one, but it's home made,
and takes time, and I don't have much of it.
Thx. I know, such modifications require a lot of time and I am waiting for your solution with interest. In xduoo support You can buy the module for $10 and solder the opamp tables on the opposite side. The result will be similar.

Dec 9, 2023 at 2:12 AM Post #1,162 of 2,347
Dec 9, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #1,163 of 2,347
Anybody here owning the HD800s an the XDuoo? I think it sounds extraordinary at Turbo mode, a pure joy for me! (XDuoo all stock for me...)

Dec 9, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #1,164 of 2,347
Thx. I know, such modifications require a lot of time and I am waiting for your solution with interest. In xduoo support You can buy the module for $10 and solder the opamp tables on the opposite side. The result will be similar.
Can you develop a topic where you bought such an adapter? What does this modification give? What are its pros and cons? Do you have to solder something in XD05 etc.?

Dec 9, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #1,165 of 2,347
Now I can "reliably" drive the XD05 Pro into the "Protect" state. It seems to be happening when the headphones are connected. When in the protect state, the display shows an exclamation mark and flashes "PROTECT" text. The unit is frozen and unresponsive to any operations. Then, it needs to be turned off to work again.
IMG_4693.jpg

IMG_4694.jpg

Dec 9, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #1,166 of 2,347
Now I can "reliably" drive the XD05 Pro into the "Protect" state. It seems to be happening when the headphones are connected. When in the protect state, the display shows an exclamation mark and flashes "PROTECT" text. The unit is frozen and unresponsive to any operations. Then, it needs to be turned off to work again.
IMG_4693.jpg
IMG_4694.jpg
Happens all the time with me from the Hiby before I sold it off thinking a compatiblity problem

Dec 10, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #1,167 of 2,347
I read through quite a lot of pages in this thread and was intrigued about this device at first. But then all the talk about it only sounds good after a lot of hassle (op module change, DAC module change, special power source etc.) my desire to own this device went away tbh.

I guess you are on a non-esoteric side of things after reading your posts. Do you still believe this device is great out of the box without all the modules and other stuff, just the basic package? Will I lose anything with the stock ESS/op etc. stuff?
I fail to see how you could possibly come to this conclusion. People here are not changing the op amps due to the supplied fare providing sub standard performance. The nature of people on this forum and elsewhere is to tinker with the unit to produce a desired sound signature conducive to their personal taste. The supplied op amps are of very good quality and the average non-modifier person will be more than happy. Remember the Xudoo is designed from the ground up so owners can modify the sound to their liking. Some people prefer the ESS sound some the AKM, both excellent like chocolate and Vanilla. I expect other manufacturers to copy this brilliant design concept going forward. This unit is selling very well, why? Because it's damn good.........................even in stock form.

Dec 11, 2023 at 6:09 AM Post #1,168 of 2,347
I fail to see how you could possibly come to this conclusion. People here are not changing the op amps due to the supplied fare providing sub standard performance. The nature of people on this forum and elsewhere is to tinker with the unit to produce a desired sound signature conducive to their personal taste. The supplied op amps are of very good quality and the average non-modifier person will be more than happy. Remember the Xudoo is designed from the ground up so owners can modify the sound to their liking. Some people prefer the ESS sound some the AKM, both excellent like chocolate and Vanilla. I expect other manufacturers to copy this brilliant design concept going forward. This unit is selling very well, why? Because it's damn good.........................even in stock form.
I've come to this conclusion, as well. I don't think I'm going to change op amps but looking forward to the R2R DAC card. This makes the little machine truly versatile 👍

The power supply thing is actually super easy and affordably to solve, it was just new to me. I think there should be some suggestions on page 1 for newbies, that made things much easier.

Dec 11, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #1,169 of 2,347
Can you develop a topic where you bought such an adapter? What does this modification give? What are its pros and cons? Do you have to solder something in XD05 etc.?
This is an alternative to the opamp adapter solution I proposed in this post:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/xduoo-xd05pro.964620/post-17811162
Pros:
- ease of installation of larger opamps
- no need to modify the factory opamp module
- better heat dissipation

b.jpg

e.jpg

d.jpg

c.jpg

Cons:
- opamps remain unsecured in open space
- the dac/amp is in the reverse position, with no access to the display

a.jpg

Both solutions can be considered as a test platform (but not only).
The adapter is available here:
aliexpress.com/i/1005005553570572.html
(use copy paste)

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #1,170 of 2,347
This is an alternative to the opamp adapter solution I proposed in this post:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/xduoo-xd05pro.964620/post-17811162
Pros:
- ease of installation of larger opamps
- no need to modify the factory opamp module
- better heat dissipation

Cons:
- opamps remain unsecured in open space
- the dac/amp is in the reverse position, with no access to the display

Both solutions can be considered as a test platform (but not only).
The adapter is available here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.23.a1421802FpzeLR
Could you share another link for this adapter from Aliexpress? 🤔 This link that you share did not work :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back