XDUoo XD05PRO
Nov 13, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #1,111 of 2,405
@quaddac

I'm curious about STACCATO.
They are on my shopping list.

If you're already ready, let us know how it goes.

They should consume enough power and heat, I would also be curious to know if the XD05 supports them without problems.

For my part, I got the SPARKOS SS2590, which are huge and single channel;

However, they have a SPARKOS board which allows you to obtain a double channel.

They're still huge anyway and I haven't the faintest idea what they sound like (in theory they shouldn't sound worse than the SPARKOS I have).

IMG_6573.jpeg
I think maybe it's not just the size that will be a problem. These opamps have the following demand: +/-9V to +/-24V supply voltage range. It's more than staccato.

Nov 13, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #1,112 of 2,405
Two questions:

1) I’ve noticed some hiss with sensitive IEMs, even on Eco mode. This is with stock the DAC and opamps. Does anyone have any recommendations for opamps that lower the noise floor?

2) Relatedly, does the SS3601 fit without modification?

Thanks!

Nov 14, 2023 at 12:29 AM Post #1,113 of 2,405
Two questions:

1) I’ve noticed some hiss with sensitive IEMs, even on Eco mode. This is with stock the DAC and opamps. Does anyone have any recommendations for opamps that lower the noise floor?

Thanks!

Write to support XDuoo, it looks like an error on the XD05 Pro side - he can't filter it. I doubt if something can be done with it. Perhaps the fault lies with the power supply, if you have a linear, then twist plug on to 180% - this can help.
Probably there is silence on Beterry mode?

Nov 14, 2023 at 3:22 AM Post #1,114 of 2,405
I think maybe it's not just the size that will be a problem. These opamps have the following demand: +/-9V to +/-24V supply voltage range. It's more than staccato.

Oh, yes

They works FROM +/-9 TO +/-24
XD05 supply +/- 8, so 1 volt less
They may not turn on unless you provide external power. Then there is the problem of power consumption.

Supply voltage+/-9V to +/-24V

Nov 14, 2023 at 4:01 AM Post #1,115 of 2,405
Two questions:

Thanks!
1. What IEM are you using ? I don’t know any op-amp with lesser noise floor than the stock OPA1612.
2. You mean SS3602 ? It fits without any modification with risers. I put them in mine last week. Sounds great and no noise.

Nov 15, 2023 at 4:46 AM Post #1,116 of 2,405
How do you think, they are faked Sparkos SS3602?

Nov 16, 2023 at 9:57 PM Post #1,117 of 2,405
Hi everybody.

I just got my XD05 Pro yesterday. First impressions were great with headphones, but when I tried IEMs I was disappointed to hear hiss, I was really hoping that this would be my endgame do-it-all portable DAC/amp (Topping G5 failed due to channel imbalance at low volume). I have the iFi iEMatch+ attenuator, it does create a silent background but it seems to rob the music of dynamics with the XD05 Pro (iEMatch has the opposite effect with SoC type dongles BTW).

Is it normal for the XD05 Pro to hiss with IEMs? So far I have tried Dunu SA6 & EST112, Mangird Tea and Ikko OH10, all revealed noise to some degree between tracks or during quiet passages of the music.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2023 at 1:47 AM Post #1,118 of 2,405
Hi everybody.

I just got my XD05 Pro yesterday. First impressions were great with headphones, but when I tried IEMs I was disappointed to hear hiss, I was really hoping that this would be my endgame do-it-all portable DAC/amp (Topping G5 failed due to channel imbalance at low volume). I have the iFi iEMatch+ attenuator, it does create a silent background but it seems to rob the music of dynamics with the XD05 Pro (iEMatch has the opposite effect with SoC type dongles BTW).

Is it normal for the XD05 Pro to hiss with IEMs? So far I have tried Dunu SA6 & EST112, Mangird Tea and Ikko OH10, all revealed noise to some degree between tracks or during quiet passages of the music.
Check if hiss I audible only on battery power. Also I think that hiss might be dependant on opamp. Currently I am using BB opa 2228p and hiss Is only audible when solar power is on in my building. Before there was small hiss audible on burson v5i.

Nov 17, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #1,119 of 2,405
Check if hiss I audible only on battery power. Also I think that hiss might be dependant on opamp. Currently I am using BB opa 2228p and hiss Is only audible when solar power is on in my building. Before there was small hiss audible on burson v5i.
Up until now I had only used battery power, I just tried a (non audiophile) switch mode 12 volt brick, hiss was slightly reduced with this external PSU I think. I'm using the pre fitted op amps and low gain mode, and I have tried USB and Bluetooth inputs, I will try line-in later today

Nov 19, 2023 at 4:12 AM Post #1,120 of 2,405
Has anyone else encountered hiss on Headphones/iems like Sphere 57 or is this person doing something wrong.

Nov 19, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #1,121 of 2,405
I don't get hiss with headphones. I have now tried the 7Hz Timeless (planar magnetic) and KBear Believe (single dynamic driver) IEMs and they don't hiss with the XD05 Pro either. It only seems to be a problem with high sensitivity BA and hybrid sets.

Nov 20, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #1,123 of 2,405

Users who are viewing this thread

Back