XDUoo XD05PRO
Aug 10, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #211 of 2,212
After so much anticipation and delay, it just got a stealth release lol: https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/xduoo-xd05-pro-es90398pro-portable-dac-headphone-amplifier

$799 including the ESS module, the other modules will be sold separately at a later date. Pricing in the UK will be £719 (inc. VAT) from Elise Audio.

I get a little wary of "modules coming later", but this sounds like a promising product if they can deliver on those. (Especially since the ESS module is the one I'm least interested in!)

Aug 10, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #213 of 2,212
My big question now is when will the modules be available, and how much? This isn't cheap, but if they manage to come out with that R2R option and it's not the price of a new DAC, it'll be fantastic. If they're $200+ each, then the proposition gets considerably less attractive.

Aug 10, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #214 of 2,212
This was shared via a Discord server I'm on. Don't have the source link, I'm afraid.

1691057390460.png
R2R is in the works it seems, it's on the official product page.
Screenshot_20230810-215335.png

Aug 10, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #216 of 2,212
My big question now is when will the modules be available, and how much? This isn't cheap, but if they manage to come out with that R2R option and it's not the price of a new DAC, it'll be fantastic. If they're $200+ each, then the proposition gets considerably less attractive.
I agree the PRO isn't "cheap", but I do think it offers good value. The connectivity options align more closely with my needs than a Q7 or EarMan Angel, for example, as you have both line in and line out. Rolling opamps can make a big difference to the sound, as I've found with the XD-05 BAL and Burson 3X GT. If you wanted to add a ROHM or AKM-based device of similar power, you'd surely be looking at another $700+, wouldn't you? xDuoo seems to have priced the PRO competitively so hopefully additional modules will be sensibly-priced. I also think the ESS will be better than we perhaps expect.

If you want something that ticks just about every DAC / amp / DAP box, you'd have to look at the Cayin N30LE. Hardly in the same price range!

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #220 of 2,212
As I never owned a Xduoo product - are Xduoo amps known for sufficient 'blackness' when driving sensitive IEM or is hiss to be expected? And what about build quality?

Aug 10, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #221 of 2,212
As I never owned a Xduoo product - are Xduoo amps known for sufficient 'blackness' when driving sensitive IEM or is hiss to be expected? And what about build quality?
123db if true is amazing signal/noise ratio. I like xduoo products solid and great sounding

Users who are viewing this thread

Back