May 26, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #136 of 2,549
Again spamming without any additional info on Facebook... 🤐

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230526_131349_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230526_131349_Facebook.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 0
May 26, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #137 of 2,549
Again spamming without any additional info on Facebook... 🤐
From how it's worded and from the latest news I think it's safe to assume we'll see it in not too long, finally... hopefully...
But yeah, as others have said they started the hype train waaaay too early and by now everyone just forgot abouy it. I was even considering one for myself as a desktop replacement of sorts, but I've moved on months ago now...

Jun 12, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #141 of 2,549
IMG_3439.jpeg

Jun 16, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #142 of 2,549
It would be nice to not only see the actual unit, but also the specs and features to compare to the new Bal2. I'm sure this is "bigger and better," but it would be great to see exactly how. The easy card swaps are an interesting feature, but I'll have to see how much they're worth to me.

Jun 16, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #143 of 2,549
It would be nice to not only see the actual unit, but also the specs and features to compare to the new Bal2. I'm sure this is "bigger and better," but it would be great to see exactly how. The easy card swaps are an interesting feature, but I'll have to see how much they're worth to me.
From what I've seen so far (not heard a beta unit, I admit), there are so many differences when compared to the XD-05 BAL2, they're in different leagues. The PRO is likely to be $900-$1,000, vs $429 for the BAL2. Higher grade DACs, more flexibility in terms of op amp rolling (looks like there's space for at least a pair of Sparkos SS3602s), more powerful (2,000mW, I believe), bigger battery, e.t.c. Significantly less portable! I agree it will be great to see the full specs though.

Jun 16, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #144 of 2,549
From what I've seen so far (not heard a beta unit, I admit), there are so many differences when compared to the XD-05 BAL2, they're in different leagues. The PRO is likely to be $900-$1,000, vs $429 for the BAL2. Higher grade DACs, more flexibility in terms of op amp rolling (looks like there's space for at least a pair of Sparkos SS3602s), more powerful (2,000mW, I believe), bigger battery, e.t.c. Significantly less portable! I agree it will be great to see the full specs though.
Thanks for the insight. That's pretty rare air if the price ends up that high. While it's not quite Burson top-of-the-line amounts, there's not much else in the mass market that high. I wish they'd release it already so I can figure out if it's in my range. I'm getting an ever-increasing impression it's going to be too much for me, but we'll see.

Jun 17, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #145 of 2,549
Thanks for the insight. That's pretty rare air if the price ends up that high. While it's not quite Burson top-of-the-line amounts, there's not much else in the mass market that high. I wish they'd release it already so I can figure out if it's in my range. I'm getting an ever-increasing impression it's going to be too much for me, but we'll see.
Latest I've heard is it will be released in early July. There are a few comments on FB suggesting the price will be around $900, with the ES9039 as the default DAC. The AKM and ROHM DACs will be available at additional cost. If xDuoo offers a bundle with all three, that could be interesting. Personally, I'm less interested in the ES9039 than the other two.

There aren't many DAC/amp competitors at that price point - the Shanling H7 and Fiio Q7 are the obvious options around the $750-$900 mark. Given the features we know of to date, I really can't see the price being less than something like the H7. That, btw, is also a very, very good device. I haven't tried the Q7 so can't comment on that.

Jun 18, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #147 of 2,549
Latest I've heard is it will be released in early July. There are a few comments on FB suggesting the price will be around $900, with the ES9039 as the default DAC. The AKM and ROHM DACs will be available at additional cost. If xDuoo offers a bundle with all three, that could be interesting. Personally, I'm less interested in the ES9039 than the other two.

There aren't many DAC/amp competitors at that price point - the Shanling H7 and Fiio Q7 are the obvious options around the $750-$900 mark. Given the features we know of to date, I really can't see the price being less than something like the H7. That, btw, is also a very, very good device. I haven't tried the Q7 so can't comment on that.
Bundle with all 3 DACs included would be the perfect option 👌👌👌🙏🤞

Jun 18, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #148 of 2,549
Bundle with all 3 DACs included would be the perfect option 👌👌👌🙏🤞
No, as much choice as possible is always better for the customers.

Jun 18, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #149 of 2,549
No, as much choice as possible is always better for the customers.
I think the suggestion was to have a bundle offer as well as individual options. If xDuoo offers the PRO with any one of the three DACs, as well as a bundle offer where you can buy all three DACs at a discounted overall price, that would be fab. Agreed that as much choice as possible is great for the customers.

Jun 20, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #150 of 2,549
I understand prejudice against ESS DACs, but the new ES9039 is completely revised in design, and sonically not comparable to previous Ess DACs, I made several comparisons with different DACs, the ES9039 is much better than AK4499 or Rohm DAC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back