xDuoo XD05 Balanced
Apr 14, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #526 of 569
Guys, I used this for hifiman Ananda but I recently sold it and I don't think I will get another headphone. Now I merely using it with Moondrop blessing 2 only which I find it to be cumbersome. Would it be considered "downgrade" if I sold xduoo xd-05 bal and replace it with xduoo link 2 bal?

May 17, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #527 of 569

Attachments

• C.jpg
    C.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 0
  • A.jpg
    A.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 0
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 0
May 19, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #528 of 569
Discovered today that my battery was very swollen, so much that I cannot slide the board out enough to try and remove the battery. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, any suggestions on getting the battery out? I love my XD05 Bal, but that battery must go :frowning2:

If I cannot remove and replace the battery, I'm looking to replace the unit and curious if any other similar devices have been released in the last couple years. I love that this will take any input I throw at it, use with my computers, CD players, record player and all my mobile devices, both at home and on the go.

May 19, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #529 of 569
Maybe try to remove the back panel, pull out the power module, only carefully and gently so as not to break the bluetooth antenna cable and try to push the board from the back? Good luck...

Attachments

• 5B.jpg
    5B.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 0
May 20, 2023 at 4:19 AM Post #532 of 569
Discovered today that my battery was very swollen, so much that I cannot slide the board out enough to try and remove the battery. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, any suggestions on getting the battery out? I love my XD05 Bal, but that battery must go :frowning2:

If I cannot remove and replace the battery, I'm looking to replace the unit and curious if any other similar devices have been released in the last couple years. I love that this will take any input I throw at it, use with my computers, CD players, record player and all my mobile devices, both at home and on the go.
Yeah, I had this issue. I was able to slide the board out after a couple of hours of work of slow prying, and XDuoo sent me a new battery. Unfortunately, I had other issues with my unit, but as it was still under warranty, I just sent it back and they repaired it for me.

Hopefully, you're still under warranty and can just send it back for replacement.

Jun 6, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #536 of 569

I ended up ordering from shenzhenaudio and it shipped today, with an expected delivery date of 6/9 - 3 day delivery from China, I will be impressed and very happy.

Can't wait to get as I had used my original XD05 Bal daily as everything connected to it and really missing it.

Jun 6, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #537 of 569
I ended up ordering from shenzhenaudio and it shipped today, with an expected delivery date of 6/9 - 3 day delivery from China, I will be impressed and very happy.

Can't wait to get as I had used my original XD05 Bal daily as everything connected to it and really missing it.
Yes, it seems that the v2 is better sonically and better in terms of features. I'm curious if they tuned the bass boost well.

Jun 7, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #538 of 569
Interested in this (the V2, that is). What is the DAC chip used in this device?

Also, the "volume wheel" looks a bit odd. How does it handle?

Seems like the upcoming Fiio Q15 will be the main competitor for this.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #540 of 569
Interested in this (the V2, that is). What is the DAC chip used in this device?

Also, the "volume wheel" looks a bit odd. How does it handle?

Seems like the upcoming Fiio Q15 will be the main competitor for th
The DAC hasn't changed in the v2 version. As @BadgerRivFan said, both versions sport the ES9038Q2M chips. The volume control is relatively stiff to turn but the location is actually quite handy. It's never going to get knocked or changed whilst you're on the move, which is nice.

I have the v1 and think it's an excellent DAC/amp for the money. I think the Shanling H7 is a significant step up, albeit in a higher price bracket.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back