xDuoo XD05 Balanced
Feb 1, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #421 of 569
I've testet the bluetooth connection now on my device. I have to say it works verry well. First i've tested it with my phone in front of me and xd 05 behind my body. Connection worked stable and without disconnecting. I walked in every corner of my room, which is about 12 m2 in size. It worked stable in every second. Then i tested to walk in another room with headphones and xd05 and let my iphone in my room. As i was in my brothers room, which is about 2 meters distance from my room it worked also stable. I closed the door in my room and also in his room. There were 2 walls between both rooms. Even then no disconnetion. Then i walked into our bathroom and the first time the connection was interrupted for a milisecond. IMO i have no complaints about it.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #422 of 569
I've testet the bluetooth connection know on my device. I have to say it works verry well. First i tested it with my phone in front of me and xd 05 behind my body. Connection worked stable and without disconnecting. I walked in every corner of my room, which is about 12 m2 tall. It worked stable in every second. Then i tested to walk in another room with headphones and xd05 and let my iphone in my room. As i was in my brothers room, which is about 2 meters distance from my room it worked also stable. I closed the door in my room and also in his room. There were 2 walls between both rooms. Even then no disconnetion. Then i walked into our bathroom and the first time the connection was interrupted for a milisecond. IMO i have no complaints about it.
Thank you so much for testing! Then it seams they maybe have updated the antenna's

Feb 1, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #423 of 569
I've testet the bluetooth connection now on my device. I have to say it works verry well. First i've tested it with my phone in front of me and xd 05 behind my body. Connection worked stable and without disconnecting. I walked in every corner of my room, which is about 12 m2 in size. It worked stable in every second. Then i tested to walk in another room with headphones and xd05 and let my iphone in my room. As i was in my brothers room, which is about 2 meters distance from my room it worked also stable. I closed the door in my room and also in his room. There were 2 walls between both rooms. Even then no disconnetion. Then i walked into our bathroom and the first time the connection was interrupted for a milisecond. IMO i have no complaints about it.

Thank you so much for testing! Then it seams they maybe have updated the antenna's
That's nice if they did cause when I had tested the BAL it would start cutting out at ~1.5 - 1.8 meters when obstructed by my body or concrete walls.

Feb 1, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #426 of 569
I think many audio devices with Bluetooth have this issue. When I'm using BTR5 2021 or Qudelix-5K like this, there is a same problem.

I feel like my experience with all BT is ruined because when listening to audiobooks with my Pixel 6 Pro and Pixel Buds A, I can go down 3 floors and take the garage out or get in my car without any audio interruptions. Just not the case with my XD05 Bal and anything bluetooth.

Feb 1, 2022 at 8:41 PM Post #427 of 569
Something to consider, when it comes to range (not sound quality)
AAC,SBS > Aptx > Aptx-HD > LDAC

I can go longer distance with Aptx before it starts stuttering compared to LDAC. Have not tried the HWA or UAT.

Feb 6, 2022 at 6:46 AM Post #428 of 569
Update on my issue, which has now been dragging on for quite some time.

As per my previous posts, the battery in my unit was defective and swelled to the point where it made it extremely difficult to remove the circuit board from the case. It took me about 90 minutes to patiently work the board out, and remove the battery. So now, I've been using the unit only connected to a power source since.

XDuoo promised to send out a replacement battery, but I'm still waiting. They've said they can't get a carrier to ship just a battery. Then they said they found a carrier, gave me a tracking #, but the item never showed as shipped. After I followed up, they said that the item was returned when it was discovered that the package contained a battery only.

They said they will put it in a dummy unit, but I still haven't received a tracking number for that.

Now today, my unit has decided to just go into Protect Mode after I turn it on. It's become completely unusable. :sob: Tried changing the op-amps, but that hasn't helped.

Hope to hear back from them quickly regarding this new issue. The most likely scenario now is that I have to send the unit back to China for a fix and replacement battery. Sigh.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #429 of 569
guys thank you for your advice! I received my xd05 bal yesterday and first impression is very nice! Drives my RT's as i wanted to. From the first listening hours it's a real step up to my Hip Dac 2. It sounds much clearer und precise and the power increase gives me the extra volume i wanted. I also tested my lcdi3 with it and the first listening minutes were promising. The bluetooth option with its range is totally acceptable for me. Lets see if issues develop in the near future. But at the moment im very happy!
Still liking it with the LCD-i3? I have concidered that combo as my travel and office kit.

Feb 8, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #431 of 569
Well i would say it's definitely better than on my hip dac 2. But i think lcd-i3 with cipher cable is still the way to go.
Get that from the DSP in the cipher, but was thinking that with either APO or something like that the EQ problem would be solved?
Did you test them with the stock 3.5mm cable?

Feb 8, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #432 of 569
Get that from the DSP in the cipher, but was thinking that with either APO or something like that the EQ problem would be solved?
Did you test them with the stock 3.5mm cable?
i'm not very experienced in eq'ing my headphones as i like all my headphones and systems for what they are. But i read a lot about eq'ing the lcdi3 and i think there are alot of informations in de lcdi3 thread. I tried it a few times with APO to equalize the lcdi3 but this is about 2 years ago (with the stock 3.5 mm cable). If I remember correctly, you achieve good results with the equalizing. However, I am not experienced enough to give you reliable information. I mainly use the i3 with the cipher cable and connect it directly to my iPhone. However, i don't know if i would buy the i3 again nowadays, as i sometimes have problems with the semi-open design. In terms of sound, i'm very satisfied with it.

Feb 9, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #433 of 569
i'm not very experienced in eq'ing my headphones as i like all my headphones and systems for what they are. But i read a lot about eq'ing the lcdi3 and i think there are alot of informations in de lcdi3 thread. I tried it a few times with APO to equalize the lcdi3 but this is about 2 years ago (with the stock 3.5 mm cable). If I remember correctly, you achieve good results with the equalizing. However, I am not experienced enough to give you reliable information. I mainly use the i3 with the cipher cable and connect it directly to my iPhone. However, i don't know if i would buy the i3 again nowadays, as i sometimes have problems with the semi-open design. In terms of sound, i'm very satisfied with it.
Thanks for the clarification - I think that EQ has it's places sometimes you can magically turn a good headphone into a great one :)

Feb 21, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #434 of 569
N
Update on my issue, which has now been dragging on for quite some time.

As per my previous posts, the battery in my unit was defective and swelled to the point where it made it extremely difficult to remove the circuit board from the case. It took me about 90 minutes to patiently work the board out, and remove the battery. So now, I've been using the unit only connected to a power source since.

XDuoo promised to send out a replacement battery, but I'm still waiting. They've said they can't get a carrier to ship just a battery. Then they said they found a carrier, gave me a tracking #, but the item never showed as shipped. After I followed up, they said that the item was returned when it was discovered that the package contained a battery only.

They said they will put it in a dummy unit, but I still haven't received a tracking number for that.

Now today, my unit has decided to just go into Protect Mode after I turn it on. It's become completely unusable. :sob: Tried changing the op-amps, but that hasn't helped.

Hope to hear back from them quickly regarding this new issue. The most likely scenario now is that I have to send the unit back to China for a fix and replacement battery. Sigh.
Any news or update from manufacturer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back