xDuoo XD05 Balanced
Dec 31, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #346 of 569
sometimes in pairing bluetooth there are problems if you have, for example, two devices running it. Because of Murphy's law the devices that pair are never the two you want to... (I prefer to use xd-05 via USB, but hiby w3s is always via bt, and I have always to turn off bt on the device I am not using with it).
By the way are you running android, windows, OS or iOS on the device you are pairing? I work with Apple only. Sometimes it helps switching off the BT and on again on the computer (and on mine detection takes quite a long time, don't know why)
Did everything. Asked my friend who love to fiddle with electronic he said the bluetooth CSR part is done for.... How to conctact Xduoo it is still under waranty bought it a month ago.

Jan 2, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #348 of 569
hi guys,
I'm really interested by the 05 BAL and I've been reading the whole thread today.
I do have a couple of questions: I live in the UK where ShenzhenAudio sells through their Amazon store but ships from China. There are very few retailers that distribute Xduoo and they don't sell the XD05 BAL.

On amazon, the Xduoo XD05 BAL sells for GBP355 when it's available at GBP317 directly on ShenzhenAudio website.

Any experience to share re-customs fees/VAT in the UK (or Europe). Is it better to buy through Amazon or direct?

My 2nd question relates to firmware updates. We are all-Mac/Apple at home and have no access to a Windows PC.
Isn't it possible to update through MAC?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #349 of 569
hi guys,
I'm really interested by the 05 BAL and I've been reading the whole thread today.
I do have a couple of questions: I live in the UK where ShenzhenAudio sells through their Amazon store but ships from China. There are very few retailers that distribute Xduoo and they don't sell the XD05 BAL.

On amazon, the Xduoo XD05 BAL sells for GBP355 when it's available at GBP317 directly on ShenzhenAudio website.

Any experience to share re-customs fees/VAT in the UK (or Europe). Is it better to buy through Amazon or direct?

My 2nd question relates to firmware updates. We are all-Mac/Apple at home and have no access to a Windows PC.

Thanks for your help.
I just got it a few days from amazon.de; I had to pay around 40e for VAT, but it was promptly refunded in 2 days.

Unfortunately no firmware update on MAC.

Jan 3, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #352 of 569
Thanks for your answer.
You got the refund from Amazon?
Yes, via Amazon, just contacted the seller (Shenzenaudio) and they provided the amount I paid the following day, was very fast.
Amazon sales are VAT included; they try to avoid additional VAT fees by declaring the value of the shipment as 30e, but then refund whatever your country charges you.

Jan 4, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #353 of 569
V4i-D Golden: Was recommended on this thread as a more linear and cheaper alternative to the burson V5i (which I never bought as its generally regarded as a dark chip), very rich type of a sound, euphonic even, the resolution and detail went above the 2 muses and the sound stage improved dramatically, it felt like I was listening to a whole new amp. It was linear but without any of the muses treble emphasis which made it sound really balanced, thats the main conclusion I had at the end of listening to these chips, a very balanced sound, with high technical qualities across the board, bass was solid and textured, mids were pleasingly rich and the treble went decently high. Not a very laid-back sound but definitely not forward, closer to the laid back but what I would call neutral, above all smooth, very smoooooth, very good if you want that kind of smooth sound.
Hi, I'm thinking about also ordering a second opamp set to compare with the AD708SQ, mainly in case it could be too bright for my taste.

Is this V4i-D a Burson chip? If I try to find this online, I get ebay hits listing this as a Muses: https://www.ebay.com/itm/263918372324

Edit: found the link on page two.

Another question though: my Xduoo doesn't seem to connect with ldac on Bluetooth, only aptx. Is it neccessary to update the firmware for this? Or are those comparable?

Thanks, Daan

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #354 of 569
Hi, I'm thinking about also ordering a second opamp set to compare with the AD708SQ, mainly in case it could be too bright for my taste.

Is this V4i-D a Burson chip? If I try to find this online, I get ebay hits listing this as a Muses: https://www.ebay.com/itm/263918372324

Edit: found the link on page two.

Another question though: my Xduoo doesn't seem to connect with ldac on Bluetooth, only aptx. Is it neccessary to update the firmware for this? Or are those comparable?

Thanks, Daan
It's not a Burson chip. Chinese brand.

You don't likely need a firmware upgrade. What's your source? If Android, you need to go into Developer Options and set BT to output LDAC.

Jan 4, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #355 of 569
Its not a burson chip, its a golden, basically its a chinese imitation of the burson chip, I havent actually heard the burson chip myself but from every description it has a pretty dark sound, the golden is more linear but other than that is said to be very similar. When it says muses, HDAM and OPA its not that its a muses chip (or the others) its the seller trying to say what its considred similar to (the big brands).

Jan 5, 2022 at 7:03 AM Post #356 of 569
You don't likely need a firmware upgrade. What's your source? If Android, you need to go into Developer Options and set BT to output LDAC.
Hi, I use Android indeed. Setting the Bluetooth to ldac on the phone (in developer menu) doesn't change anything, the XD-5 bal still shows aptx. Does it show ldac on your device?

Jan 5, 2022 at 7:51 AM Post #357 of 569
Hi, I use Android indeed. Setting the Bluetooth to ldac on the phone (in developer menu) doesn't change anything, the XD-5 bal still shows aptx. Does it show ldac on your device?
Go to the Bluetooth devices on your phone, click on the settings icon for the amp, then make sure that LDAC is checked under Codecs.

Jan 7, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #360 of 569
hi guys,

Thanks for your help.
Also, the whole XD05 line available ex-stock from audiophonics.fr ... I've used them quite a bit in the past.

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/mobi...th-50-32bit-768khz-dsd512-silver-p-15104.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back