Xduoo XD-05 very good product
Aug 7, 2016 at 8:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

luckyeights

100+ Head-Fier
OK so I have been going back and forth between my Soundblaster ZXR, Schiit Mimby(modi multibit) and magni 2 uber.  And i have to say i am very impressed by the xd-05.  The level of detail and cleanness of the audio from this little thing is just something you have to listen too.  I would classify the xd-05 as a neutral but slightly bright but never sibilant amp/dac.  But here is the kicker you can open it up and change the opamp if you want.  You can also change the dacs filter to suite your flavor as well.  It also has a bass boost, but a pretty good one it brings it up just a bit not too much at all, i would say just right but not bass head level you would need to eq it in software to reach bass head.   Oh did i forget to mention this thing is a Swiss army knife in that it also has a battery for on the go listening!  Let me just say it this way if you got $200 to spare buy this thing you wont be disappointed.

The only cons of this device is that the xmos driver install they have at least for me i had to install it then navigate to the folder on C and then install the driver package.  Had to figure that out on my own.  The other con is that it may or may not be suited for certain IEMs I have FLC8s and i have more volume pot control on the xd-05 than i do on my magni 2 uber past the imbalance point. I would say you have to go past 15% to get to where its balanced and then you have an extra maybe 15 to 20% past that before it gets too loud.  On the magni its pretty much like just past imbalance and cant turn it up any more without blowing your ear drums.  So i would say xd-05 is better for IEMs over the magni 2 uber.  **note this is with windows volume maxed, obviously you could adjust the windows volume if you wish** 

Oh one other con with the xd-05 is that when audio is not playing it has a solenoid that you can hear flip off but as soon as you hit play again it flips on again.  I haven't noticed any delay or missing audio but the clicking on and off may deter some people if you want a silent device.  

Build quality on this device is very good.  switches are firm and have decent feedback as to their position.  The volume pot is clean and smooth no grittiness. The jacks all seem to be of good quality.  Not really anything to complain about with this device other than the driver install having to figure that out.  

So what are you waiting for go buy this thing!!!

My main listening was done on my He400is while comparing the dac/amps.

Feb 6, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #2 of 2
I got this before I new of the flipping off sound.  I dont know why they have it do that.  I cant use spotify because as I am playing music it makes a sound in the middle of playing.  I also can use it when talking to people cause i miss what they are saying every time it does that.  There is no fix for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back