XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Feb 26, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #1,711 of 2,100
In your case I presume its a temporary switching sound which even my Fiio Q5s does when switching input, but in my XD-05 plus its more a **continuous** clicky poppy which occur s when using USB input in medium+ gain, boost on and volume 1 AM+ mark.

Guys, if anyone of you have the XD-05 plus can you please check if you see similar issues using my settings, I am using HD-6xx, want to see if it is my issue only or its across the board.
Problem solved for me, it's normal when activating the DAC on XD 05 plus. That other weird sounds I experienced, is only appears when phone call comes into my phone. And it's normal too.

I had many clicky poppy sounds on my sensitive iem before (btw , although the XD 05 was in normal conditions, it will make some click sounds because of my sensitive iem) , and I try to tighten the opamp into the PCB by pushing it a lil bit, and the clicky sound is decreased. Maybe your opamp is a lil bit out from the PCB just like my problem.

If the problem still appear , I don't know. My device is normal paired with R70X on hi gain and boost mode. All gain mode is normal too. With your settings is normal too , no clicky sound. Have u tried with other headphone?
Sorry my bad English

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #1,713 of 2,100
Hello everyone. I got a deal on an year old XD05 (Non-plus) for about $80 in stock configuration.
Now I'll be receiving it tomorrow but I have some issues.
I want to use my iPad(6th gen - Lightning port) as source and the XD05 has a USB(F) port for which I don't have an adapter and the original apple one sells for $50 here which is too much. There aren't any other cheaper alternatives that I can find which fit inside that port. I don't want to order one from China because of COVID-19. I'm very paranoid about those things.
Is there any way I can use my stock iPad charging cable with the XD05? Or I'm also open to other suggestions as long as they are cheap.
Thank you.

Mar 9, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #1,714 of 2,100
Hello everyone. I got a deal on an year old XD05 (Non-plus) for about $80 in stock configuration.
Now I'll be receiving it tomorrow but I have some issues.
I want to use my iPad(6th gen - Lightning port) as source and the XD05 has a USB(F) port for which I don't have an adapter and the original apple one sells for $50 here which is too much. There aren't any other cheaper alternatives that I can find which fit inside that port. I don't want to order one from China because of COVID-19. I'm very paranoid about those things.
Is there any way I can use my stock iPad charging cable with the XD05? Or I'm also open to other suggestions as long as they are cheap.
Thank you.
You can't use the stock Lightning cable without an OTG adapter to go from the USB-A cable to a standard USB male plug cable. But you can find some on Amazon that aren't too expensive (I think I paid less than $20, but that was a few years ago). You don't need to spend the money on the "official" Apple one, but you need to make sure it's the right type.

Mar 9, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #1,715 of 2,100
You can't use the stock Lightning cable without an OTG adapter to go from the USB-A cable to a standard USB male plug cable. But you can find some on Amazon that aren't too expensive (I think I paid less than $20, but that was a few years ago). You don't need to spend the money on the "official" Apple one, but you need to make sure it's the right type.
Sadly I could not find one that would match the size of the XD05.
Do you think a USB coupler would make the connection work? It has USB(F) on both ends. So it basically becomes a USB(F) port so I can use it as a normal DAC/AMP with all my USB(M) cables.

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #1,716 of 2,100
Sadly I could not find one that would match the size of the XD05.
Do you think a USB coupler would make the connection work? It has USB(F) on both ends. So it basically becomes a USB(F) port so I can use it as a normal DAC/AMP with all my USB(M) cables.
I'll try to take a picture tonight of what I use. I think it's similar to this: https://www.amazon.com/Adapter,Melo...ocphy=9016842&hvtargid=pla-665781719461&psc=1

Another good solution is to buy the Bluetooth adapter. That's what I have on mine, and it's fantastic. It also solves the RF issue when your phone is too close. I was going to line the interior with copper foil tape, but I kept seeing the stories about how sharp the edges are (several people described it as "a high likelihood for severe blood loss") and I've hesitated to do so.

Mar 10, 2020 at 4:06 AM Post #1,717 of 2,100
My best favorite portable setup IMO... thanks...
End-Game.jpg

Mar 10, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #1,718 of 2,100
Hey guys I need your expertise!

I just got the Xduoo XD-05 Plus from Amazon to run my Aeon 2 Closed! Hopefully it'll be a good match (I'm sure it will be).
I wanted to ask if you guys had any recommendations for a DAP. I have a Hidizs AP80 but I feel like I need something bigger/better/faster and possibly with 2 Micro SD slots so I can just carry around my 1TB music library in my backpack.

Mar 10, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #1,719 of 2,100
There
Hey guys I need your expertise!

I just got the Xduoo XD-05 Plus from Amazon to run my Aeon 2 Closed! Hopefully it'll be a good match (I'm sure it will be).
I wanted to ask if you guys had any recommendations for a DAP. I have a Hidizs AP80 but I feel like I need something bigger/better/faster and possibly with 2 Micro SD slots so I can just carry around my 1TB music library in my backpack.
There don't seem to be that many DAPs with two slots now -- I think I've only seen a few and they were pretty expensive. I kind of miss that from my Cayin, but a 400 GB card can hold quite a bit, and you can get bigger (at a premium). I have a case for memory cards, so I can switch out when I want, since I have more music than that.

Mar 10, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #1,720 of 2,100
There

There don't seem to be that many DAPs with two slots now -- I think I've only seen a few and they were pretty expensive. I kind of miss that from my Cayin, but a 400 GB card can hold quite a bit, and you can get bigger (at a premium). I have a case for memory cards, so I can switch out when I want, since I have more music than that.
I never thought of that! 512 Gb cards would fit half my FLAC library so I guess I wouldn't mind having a second card in a little case where my headphones go. Someone is selling an used Pioneer XDP-300R I'm thinking about that one.

Mar 10, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #1,721 of 2,100
I never thought of that! 512 Gb cards would fit half my FLAC library so I guess I wouldn't mind having a second card in a little case where my headphones go. Someone is selling an used Pioneer XDP-300R I'm thinking about that one.
I settled on 400GB cards since they're a little more cost-effective, and I have a case that looks like a Swiss Army knife (and is about the same size) that fits in the case I keep my R5 in when I'm traveling. It also has a micro-SD adapter to USB that came with it, so I don't have to carry around a separate card reader. It has a few regular SD slots that go unfilled, but that's no big deal. I used to have one of those credit card-like ones, but it was too much of a PITA to get the micro SDs out without a tool.

Mar 10, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #1,722 of 2,100
Thanks for the tip on the 400 GB ones. I will get a 512 and a 400 GB one instead of two 512. I got my 512 gb card on sale so it cost me around $65. Where did you get the case?

Mar 10, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #1,723 of 2,100
Thanks for the tip on the 400 GB ones. I will get a 512 and a 400 GB one instead of two 512. I got my 512 gb card on sale so it cost me around $65. Where did you get the case?
I got it from Amazon. They don't seem to carry the exact same case that I bought, but it's almost the same as this:
https://www.amazon.com/Memory-Storage-Micro-Reader-Eject/dp/B07MB6W8VH/

MicroSD cards seem to go on sale quite a lot. That's how I picked mine up, and I still have some smaller ones that I don't use any more that I bought when large cards weren't affordable. I might use them to convert an old iPod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back