1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by h20fidelity, Dec 3, 2015.
Tags:
First

Back
59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
Next

Last
  1. jms74
    Thanks

2. mliw
    out of curiousity, what exactly causes the 'click' in the xd-05 when music stops/starts playing?

3. Holypal

When music stops, the DAC will power off in 5 secs, to save power. And the 'click' sound happens. When music starts, the DAC boot again and another 'click' sound.  So just don't stop playing music.

4. RedTwilight
    Just wondering, is everyone able to keep the XD05 charging and playing? Mine cuts off sound with an abrupt buzz when the battery is full.

5. ZGojira

I don't have this problem...Mine charges and plays at the same time fine. [​IMG]

On a somewhat unrelated note, when I measured the HP output, the noise jumps by a significant amount when charging and playing at the same time...[​IMG]

6. timorinolee
    I cant seem to play while charging. Thought it was a defect or something. 

7. RedTwilight

Hm did you do the grounding pin mod? I haven't yet, wonder if it's a ground-related issue.

8. ZGojira

Nope...I haven't done the grounding pin mod...[​IMG]
    It gets mentioned so much, maybe I should consider doing it sometime [​IMG]

9. rha61

the click comes from a safety relay with time delay at the output stage

10. ahmadfaizadnan

I don't have any issue with that. Works fine but had an issue with the driver before but solved it anyway.

11. nplateau
    I was wondering if anyone here had a schematic for the PCB board of the XD-05.  I'm thinking about changing out some of the capacitors and would like to have a diagram to follow to make sure I'm not screwing anything up.

12. bitsnbytes
    Hey plateau

Burson got back, and suggested changing the caps--as you seem to be heading for. The caps are the four closest to the opamp.

No time now for me to tinker but let me know if the upgraded caps work for you. I'm enjoying middle gain at the moment. For now I can live with the gain limitation. It's still quite an improvement.

nplateau likes this.
  13. Meowheng

Hi there,

Can you share with me where did you get your X5 coaxial cable and Burson V5i opamp?

Thanks in advance.

14. alpovs
  15. Meowheng
First

Back
59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
Next

Last