Xduoo X3 II or Zishan AK4497EQ DAC?
Sep 14, 2018 at 5:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hieple193

Head-Fier
Nov 13, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #4 of 4
Hi @hieple193, sadly I don't have my Xduoo x3 II with me now, I will grab it in a few weeks.

I do have the Zishan, and from memory I could say the following:

The player is on the neutral side. One could say it has a lot of power and it does offer a very particular sound. I mean it does sound different when compared to other players I own or have owned (Xduoo x2, Xduoo x3, Xduoo X3II, Fiio X3 II, Ibasso DX90...). Nevertheless, it is true that with neutral settings I could say that both the Xduoo X3 II and Zishan sound the most similar of my collection.

I feel like one needs to do a lot of work to get the ZIshan to deliver its full potential (like you'll probably need a oamp upgrade).

Having said this I still prefer the Xduoo X3 and X3II in terms of sound, but that is just me. I listen to house and electronic music mainly. Also, the user interface, battery life, construction build...To me there is no battle. Xduoo wins in every aspect.

The truth is I cannot tell you which one you will like better when listening to music, you would have to try them both and decide for yourself. Maybe buy both and sell the one you like least?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back