Xduoo TA01 --> Matrix MStage Hpa1 --> HD6xx Need Recommendations for Upgrades
Jan 23, 2021 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Pankie

New Head-Fier
Hello! For many years I've used the Xduoo Ta01 as a Dac connected to my Matrix Mstage HPA1 headphone amplifier. The sound is pretty good but the xduoo uses unsigned xmos drivers that won't allow me to use secure boot on windows. I very often have hissing and static from my mstage amplifier and have to fiddle with the connections or smack it a bit to get rid of it.

I have been wanting to invest in a new DAC and quality RCA cables to connect it to my Matrix MStage amplifier to refine my experience a bit. I'm not very familiar with quality components or cables and don't really know where / how I should be spending my money. I've thought the Matrix MStage was more than enough to power my HD6xx and ultrasone hfi780's but could definitely be wrong. Right now the rca cables going from my xduoo to the mstage are way too long and possibly picking up interference, which is why I'd like to replace them, but overall I believe a new standalone DAC would benefit me the most.

Can anyone help me figure out where I should invest my research / time / money and how to best uplift my setup?
Thanks for your time and help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back