Xduoo TA-30 or XA-10…
Mar 3, 2021 at 12:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

KH Photo

New Head-Fier
I realize these are completely different units, but with Drop having the TA-30 at a pretty great deal—$525 (as of this writing on 3/3/21)—I am now wondering if I should get this over the XA-10. There are literally zero reviews that I can find on the XA-10, but it sure looks good on paper. But now with the price of the TA-30 being somewhat in the same ballpark, my lean is to try a tube amp. I've never owned one, and while my 3 headphones may not be able to completely appreciate the tube goodness, I am curious. That said, I am somewhat concerned about the heat of the unit, as well as its larger size compared to the XA-10. My initial lean was for the XA-10 because it's an all-in-one (with the important aspect of Bluetooth), somewhat small, and decent looking… but nowhere near as cool looking as a tube amp. Haha. It's important to have the Bluetooth functionality—realizing I'm losing quality, but gaining functionality when needed—but important nonetheless.

My current headphones are the Meze 99 Classics, HifiMan Sundara, and SendyAudio Aiva. I currently run them with one of two portable DAC/Amps, the Q5s TC or the new XD05 BAL.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Thanks for your help. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back