xDSD Gryphon or similar?
May 10, 2022 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

sidpost

Head-Fier
With supply chain issues and price inflation, I'm wondering where the xDSD Gryphon fits into the mix these days. In a portable, $600 opens up a lot of options. I'm a little wary of supply shortages causing design changes and inflating prices. With multiple lockdowns in China, parts availability is a real problem with most electronic products. I'm also thinking price inflation is going to be an even bigger problem going forward so, I really need to get off the fence and get something to last me a few years while I can.

I like a warm sound use Sennheiser's mainly right now but, have AKG, Fostek, and a few others. I am looking at getting some Focals but, price inflation on those where I live has been astronomical so I'm on the fence at the moment for that purchase. I don't use IEM's FWIW.

In this price range, what should I be considering in a portable AMP/DAC in the $500~$600 range to drive 32ohm-600ohm headphones with most of mine being in the 250ohm-300ohm range? I listen to some classical, a lot of Country, some soft Rock, and Bluegrass mainly. Hip Hop, Hard Rock, Techno stuff, and Rap are not something in any sort of rotation in my life though, I occasionally listen to almost anything when I need a change of pace. I am currently a Spotify user but, like most things of this nature, it is subject to change.

TIA,
Sid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back