xbox360 ebay auction
Nov 23, 2005 at 5:51 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman

THIS IS FAR FROM A SCAM!

Still doesn't make it right...Imagine your grandmother bought it for you thinking she could get you the must have xmas gift, only to find out she was taken...would you tell her that it was her fault? lol...maybe you would I don't know you personally, but you get my point...lol

Nov 23, 2005 at 5:52 PM Post #17 of 22
It is a scam IMO, the guy is intentionally baiting people who are looking for an actual xbox. His ad obviously shows that.

Nov 23, 2005 at 6:41 PM Post #18 of 22
Yup, in the weeks to come we will see dozens of xbox 360 auctions appear on Ebay. Some of them legit, some of them scams. Bottom line is if you're in the market for a xbox 360 and are looking towards Ebay for one, read the entire ad very carefully, ask the seller questions on anything you're not sure of, and don't let your "must have" buying impulse get the best of you to pull the trigger. Also I do find it dumb that some people are willing to pay $800+ for a xbox 360 on Ebay, but then again to each his own. Doing a quick advance search on Ebay for completed listings of the xbox 360 will reveal how many imapatient idiots there are.

Nov 23, 2005 at 7:14 PM Post #19 of 22
Are people really that stupid to spend $1000 on something over an internet bidding site and not even read the description? Have they never heard of a scam?
Even if this was real, people are paying over a grand for the new system like this is their only chance to get it, even though stores will have more at regular prices in a week!
There are way to many gullible idiots in this world.
rolleyes.gif

Nov 23, 2005 at 7:32 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach123456
Are people really that stupid to spend $1000 on something over an internet bidding site and not even read the description? Have they never heard of a scam?
Even if this was real, people are paying over a grand for the new system like this is their only chance to get it, even though stores will have more at regular prices in a week!
There are way to many gullible idiots in this world.
rolleyes.gif

Agreed. Great sig btw.

Nov 23, 2005 at 7:36 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by MintGreenGoblin
It may not be a scam, but it is very shady. It voilates ebays listing standards because it is listed in the systems section, as an xbox 360. If you look at everything but the text of the ad itself, it shows system specs and is listed as an xbox 360:

Item Specifics - Video Game Systems
Manufacturer: Microsoft
Media Type: DVD-ROM
Platform: Microsoft Xbox 360

Thats false and misleading. This guy set out to cheat people out of their money and no matter how stupid the buyer was, its still really shady.

I imagine that's what Ebay would point to in siding with the buyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back