Xbox one dac?
Nov 30, 2013 at 7:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Philipv6

New Head-Fier
Hello,

Looking for help with xbox one audio and would a "dac work for me?
I have found xbox one displays much better vis dvi-d port on the tv/monitor im using,
I want to get sound to my denon headphones from the optical out port on xbox?
Is that possible? If i bought a dac and plugged optical in and then maybe added in the fiio headphone amp i have connected to headphones might that get me sound???

So ignorant on this, thanks for any advice!

Dec 1, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #2 of 4
Hello,

Looking for help with xBox one audio and would a "dac work for me?
I have found xBox one displays much better vis DVI-D port on the tv/monitor I'm using,
I want to get sound to my Denon headphones from the optical out port on xBox?
Is that possible? If i bought a DAC and plugged optical in and then maybe added in the FiiO headphone amp i have connected to headphones might that get me sound???

So ignorant on this, thanks for any advice!

Very easy to get good audio quality from the the Xbox Ones optical port, to an external DAC, then to a headphone amplifier, which your Denon (Model?) could be connected to.
(something like the FiiO E17, $140, has an optical input and a built in headphone amplifier.
But it would be in stereo 2-channel audio, no surround sound.

I believe the xBox One currently uses DTS audio, but a lot of those optical input "gaming" DAC/Amps use Dolby.

Jun 27, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #4 of 4
To get the e18 to work make sure that the Xbox One is not sending out surround sound.  It has to only be sending out stereo sound.  I had a similar issue with my e17, but it worked when I changed the Xbox One's sound output to stereo. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back