Xbox one coming: looking for wireless dolby headphones with optical input or "amp" for MDR-F1
Dec 11, 2013 at 4:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ateupwithgolf

New Head-Fier
My current setup with my Xbox 360 is a Pioneer se-dir800c base unit and Sony MDR-F1 wired headphones plugged into the wired output jack of the pioneer. Here is the link to what I have now. http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/pioneer-wireless/4505-7877_7-31225550.html This Pioneer goes into my A/V receiver. I sometimes use the wireless headset that came with the pioneer but they aren't as comfortable and drop out if I lose line of site from the base.

This setup is primarily for Call of Duty type soundwhoring btw, but is decent for movies as well.

BUT.... this setup is sooooo 2006.

I'm looking for a 2014 version b/c I am moving my setup upstairs and leaving the 360 downstairs. I don't currently have a receiver up there yet, and not sure if I'll really need one. (only have a Vizio soundbar that opticals into the TV).  I was thinking of perhaps getting a A/V receiver  and using my F1's with a Harman headphone jack if that gives me the best surround but would really prefer wireless that gives me a 5.1 or better surround. (Maybe I just need an mixamp type deal that I can use my current F1's with?)

My suspects for wireless are currently, Astros or Tritton or ?

My budget is $300.00 give or take. Anybody with some thoughtful recommendations?

Thanks!!

Dec 13, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #3 of 8
Just to let you know wireless headphones degrades the SQ and SPL. I can't help you on the headphones because I'm into IEMs.
beerchug.gif

Dec 13, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #4 of 8
The skullcandy plyr is about the only decent solution I know of.

Dec 13, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #5 of 8
People here normally stay away from Skullcandy.

Dec 13, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #6 of 8
  People here normally stay away from Skullcandy.

Haven't heard the setup, and I don't really care for skullcandy. But I have heard that the plyr is rather decent. Both from Jude and MLE. 

Dec 13, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #7 of 8
Sorry, I just noticed you are a veteran here.
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #8 of 8
Heh, me? I'm barely an established audiophile. Just a teenager/student with weird interests (considered normal here, I guess)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back