Xbox one audio setup(noob)
Jan 11, 2015 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Headd

New Head-Fier
What's the best way to get audio frm the Xbox one?

I just purchased a pair of superlux 681 evo and am wondering what would be the best way to use them with the Xbox one for gaming

I could simply connect them to the headset adapter. But would the audio quality be much different than from say the optical out?
Would an amp be beneficial if using the headset adapter to connect the headphones?

What about if I wanted to use an ear force DSS? What would be the best way to connect that to the Xbox. And would I need an amp with that?

Thanks for any guidance.

Jan 11, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #2 of 11
Need mic for friends?
Need positional advantage for fps?

FYI
Optical out is lossless, pure digital signal. It'll do stereo, surround, but not everything. The hdmi will also do the same + more.

The stereo adapter will do just that, stereo. So inferior.

But with your headphones, a surround decoder could likely cost morevthan they're worth

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #3 of 11
Yes positional awareness would be nice for its competitive advantage as well ass over all feel/immersion
I've read that, even in stereo, its not bad with decent headphones, even without surround sound

But I'm wondering if I'll hear significant difference in sound quality by simply using theheadset adapter instead of optical or HDMI output for stereo sound. And if an amp is needed or will add significant increase in sound quality.

Hope I'm making sense. Thanks

Jan 11, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #4 of 11
Why not get an Astro Mixamp? Does Dolby Headphone and works very well from what I can tell. I used to play COD MW and worked perfectly fine for me as I relied mainly on sound and speed.
Stereo works as well, but Surround sound just adds another dimension. Takes a little time getin used to maybe as some sounds seem to be more distant (as they should) but once you get used to it I can't imagine you want to go back. I also felt it helped me a lot during online matches.

Jan 11, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #6 of 11
Or that one :) why not dss2? it's the newer version.
I never had a problem with hissing and went for the Astro Mixamp cause it has more input options and seemed to provide the better quality from what I can remember.
But just do a lil research on both mixamps and go with the one that comes out on top. Post your findings, would be interesting. But cant go wrong either way I assume.

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #7 of 11
Hiss on mixamps ain't that common but it does exist. It'll depend on your headphones, and yours i suspect aren't likely to be effected. And the game sound will drown it out regardless. I think i may have had some hiss with my dt990 premiums and only ever noticed it when it was really quite.

If you don't want a mic just get the DSS2.

When i used my Beresford dac with the xbox while sounding awesome, stereo sound is meh in comparisson to surround imo.e

Jan 14, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #8 of 11
What's the best way to get audio frm the Xbox one?

I just purchased a pair of superlux 681 evo and am wondering what would be the best way to use them with the Xbox one for gaming

I could simply connect them to the headset adapter. But would the audio quality be much different than from say the optical out?
Would an amp be beneficial if using the headset adapter to connect the headphones?

What about if I wanted to use an ear force DSS? What would be the best way to connect that to the Xbox. And would I need an amp with that?

Thanks for any guidance.

buy a TB DSS off ebay, they are under $20 shipped. I have tested this personally and the DSS gets louder than the DSS 2, neither have hiss. the 681 evo is a good headphone, paired with the DSS you will have 5.1 surround and a kick ass setup IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back