xbox on 1212m adat
Jul 17, 2004 at 1:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Mr. Lobster

New Head-Fier
I just got my emu 1212 a few days ago and I must say it rocks! I've been using it primarly for music listening and some gaming. Since I my xbox running on my lcd monitor and my computer is hooked up to my samson amp right now, it would be nice to run the optical audio signal from my xbox through my pc. Unfortunetly I cannont for the life of me get it to work. Any ideas or suggestions? I'm assuming I should put the xbox in stereo mode and turn off Dolby and DTS. Is this correct?

Jul 17, 2004 at 4:42 AM Post #3 of 9
Thanks for the quick reply. I tried switching the input to SPDIF instead of ADAT it didn't seem to change anything though. Still nothing showing on any of the strips. Also, I do actually have the optical cable plugged into the ADAT-IN jack on the card not the SPDIF so wouldn't I want to keep the input setting on ADAT?

Jul 17, 2004 at 4:53 AM Post #4 of 9
Well you're using optical, right? There is only one optical input jack, don't worry about what it's labeled as, the control area in the patchmix is what determines it. Are you sure you have the right sample rate selected, and the input configured properly (i.e. you are routing the input to the mixer, or directly to the analog output)?

Jul 17, 2004 at 1:34 PM Post #6 of 9
I don't know much about the Xbox if it can be put it in stereo mode, do so. The emu cannot pass dolby digital or DTS streams. SPDIF is only a stereo signal which is transfered as optical or coax whereas ADAT is only optical. You can configure which one your optical is in the control panel.

To use any SPDIF signal coming in, you must have a "PCI Card S/PDIF L / R" strip. Do you have that? Does that strip have a Peak Meter bar? When you manually insert strips, there is no meter.

Oct 27, 2004 at 9:34 AM Post #7 of 9
Bit of a bump for this thread...

I have been looking to rip some music from a game on my Xbox. The only sound card I have is a 1212M. Using RCA cables to the analog in works, however there is always a low hum throughout the whole recording. Of course I would prefer to use the Optical out to the Optical in and get a nice copy that way, however, the 1212M does not recognize the AC3 (Dolby Digital) output from the Xbox Optical out.

Can anyone suggest a cheap secondary sound card or add-on I can get that will support optical in Dolby Digital (AC3) recording?

Oct 27, 2004 at 3:22 PM Post #8 of 9
There's no such product as AC3 recording that I'm aware of.

Can you setup the xbox to output stereo? You can record that.

Oct 27, 2004 at 7:22 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
There's no such product as AC3 recording that I'm aware of.

Can you setup the xbox to output stereo? You can record that.

Well, the problem is that with the Xbox, Stereo is the RCA out. Optical out is Dolby Digital only, not plain stereo. If I try to record via the RCA to the analog ins of my 1212m, it picks up a low hum of interference throughout the recording, so I would prefer a clean copy.

I have heard that the Sound Blaster Live! LiveDrive box will decode AC3 optical input via software...I am looking for something like that, just in non-creative form
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back